- 45 min ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights From The Auto Industry Of The Week Gone By
- 1 hr ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 17 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- Sports John Cena labels Bollywood star Ranveer as "Stone Cold Singh"
- Technology SpaceX, NASA Liftoff Historic Crewed Mission To ISS
- Lifestyle June 2020: Auspicious Dates For Buying Vehicles In This Month
- News Punjab announces 4 week extension of lockdown
- Finance Markets Next Week: Global Cues To Remain Key
- Movies Sarkaru Vaari Paata Is The Official Title For Mahesh Babu's #SSMB27 With Parasuram!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Honda CBR250RR (2020) has been unveiled globally. The new motorcycle was unveiled globally in a Honda Virtual Motorcycle Show. The 2020 CBR250RR produces more power than its predecessor and features new styling and equipment.
The company decided to host a virtual motorcycle show amidst the current Covid-19 outbreak. Along with the CBR250RR 2020 model, the company also showcased the new CT125 Hunter Cub and CBR1000RR-R Fireblade at the ‘Honda Virtual Motorcycle Show' event.
The 2020 CBR250RR borrows its design inspiration from its elder sibling in the company's line up, the CBR1000RR-R. It features a combination of red, blue and white graphic paint scheme to mimic the company's HRC WorldSBK motorcycle.
Other features include split-LED headlamp cluster, double-barrel-exhausts, gold-coloured fork, brake discs and wheels. The fully-faired motorcycle also features a fully-digital instrument cluster offering a host of information to the rider.
The 2020 CBR250RR now features a new 250cc parallel-twin-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine. It now produces a maximum power output of 40.5bhp - a 3bhp increase from the older model. Although the torque figures were not revealed at the time of unveiling, we expect the new motorcycle to produce more than 23.3Nm, which is the torque output on the older model.
The engine will continue to come mated with a 6-speed gearbox. However, the new motorcycle will feature a factory-fitted slipper assist clutch. It will also continue to come equipped with an optional bi-directional quick shifter, and ride-by-wire throttle system as well. The motorcycle features three riding modes: Comfort, Sport, and Sport+.
The suspension duties on the motorcycle are handled by UpSide-Down forks at the front and a mono-shock suspension supported by an aluminium swingarm at the rear. Braking on the motorcycle is done through petal discs at both ends supported by a dual-channel ABS.
The Honda CBR250RR is being sold only in the Asian markets. Unfortunately, India is not a part of that list. The New CBR250RR is expected to be priced at 847,000 yen, which is around Rs 5.78 lakh. With the hefty price tag for a 250cc motorcycle, it will be not feasible for a price-sensitive market as ours.
Thoughts About The Honda CBR250RR (2020) Unveiled Globally
The Honda CBR 250 is one among the popular bikes in the Indian market. But the motorcycle offered very less in terms of standard equipment as compared to its rivals. The CBR250RR is certainly an exceptional motorcycle featuring performance equipment. However, with the hefty price tag, we could never see the ‘lights' of CBR250RR shining its way on the Indian roads.
Image Courtesy: Young Machine