- 10 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 11 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 1 day ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Movies Kavach 2 Actor Pranitaa Pandit And Husband Shivi Pandit Become Proud Parents Of A Baby Girl
- News Case against Congress leader for tweeting tampered image of PM Modi
- Sports ICC Board Meet: Nomination process, simple majority or 2/3rd on agenda
- Finance 6 Easy Steps to Check Your CIBIL Score for Free
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India has introduced a new campaign called 'Unused Vehicle' in the market. Under the new campaign, the company is offering pre-registered BS4 vehicles at an attractive price tag.
Like most manufacturers, Honda has also suffered from unsold BS4 vehicles stocks. Nearing the BS4 deadline the market was already in bad shape with vehicle sales registering all-time low numbers.
The situation became worse when the nation was hit with the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The crisis forced a nation-wide lockdown close to 45 days before the deadline. This meant the sales was almost down to zero and dealers ended up with a huge number of unsold BS4 vehicle stock.
To tackle the issue, many dealerships including Honda have registered their BS4 vehicles before the deadline with zero kilometres on the ODO. These vehicles can now be sold to customers as it only has to transfer the ownership of such vehicles.
However, these vehicles immediately depreciate because the customer is already the second owner. To cover the depreciation value, the company is offering these pre-registered vehicles at an attractive discount, which Honda is calling ‘Unthinkable Prices'.
Another issue with pre-registered vehicles is if the customers decide to opt for finance options, they will have to bear the higher interest rates that are offered while taking used vehicle loans. This adds to the overall cost as well.
In addition to this, the warranty on the registered vehicles would have already started. This will result in increased costs of ownership in case of any major repairs. However, HMSI recently rolled out an extended warranty program for its BS4 bikes as well. Customers can now claim the additional warranty within 550 days from the first registration of the bike.
Customers looking to purchase one of these pre-registered vehicles can visit the brand's official website to register their interest with one of the many vehicles listed from the dropdown menu. The company has listed an exhaustive list of BS4 vehicles right from the Activa scooter range to CB Hornet 160R.
The website also lists a couple of models that have now been discontinued in the Indian market such as the CBR250R and the Honda Navi; among others. Customers can fill in the details asked under the campaign to register their interest. The company will then contact customers with the details of the vehicle at the dealership near them.
Thoughts About The Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle' Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
Customer looking to buy a used vehicle might find Honda's new BS4 vehicle campaign attractive as the vehicles are still new and it has not changed hands mechanically. However, some challenges come with purchasing pre-registered vehicles such as low resale value and increased interest rate when opting for used two-wheeler loans.