- 1 hr ago Hero Reveals New Seat Covers And Helmet For The XPulse 200 BS6
- 2 hrs ago BEST Increases BUS Fleet By 1,000 Units: Daily Earnings Cross The Rs 90 Lakh Mark
- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar 150 BS6 Models Witness Second Price Increase: Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Stops Taking Bookings For The Rapid Rider Due To Its High Demand
- Movies Radhe Shyam First Look Poster Gets An Edit As Assam Police Urge People To Wear A Mask Amid COVID-19
- Technology Realme Might Launch 100W+ Fast-Charging Technology In July
- Sports World Cup winner Jack Charlton dies
- Finance Gland Pharma Files For Rs 1,250 Crore IPO
- News Toddler tests positive for COVID-19
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Lifestyle Different Styles Of Earrings For Long, Medium And Short Hair That Will Guaranteed Steal Attention
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) has announced that the company has registered 0 units of domestic sales in the month of April 2020. The zero units of retail sales are due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, which has put the country under lockdown.
HMSI confirmed that as per the guidelines of the government, the company shut down all operations in the country from the 22nd of March 2020, 2 days ahead of the lockdown. However, the company in the last week of April 2020, did restart partial operations.
Honda announced that the company has exported 2,630 units of two-wheelers during the previous month. This is using the stock leftover in the company's inventory from March 2020, before the lockdown came into effect. The exports have been made following all the safety and social distancing guidelines, ensuring the safety of its workforce.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director - Sales & Marketing, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. said,
"Since suspending operations in this unprecedented crisis, Honda is taking strong measures for business continuity, safeguarding health & wellbeing of staff, families & communities at large. We have eased the anxiety of our business partners and improved their cash-flows through quick liquidity infusion."
"Promoting #StayHomeStaySafe for our customers, we have already extended the Free service and Warranty period by another 2 months. Parallelly as a responsible manufacturer, Honda is extensively recalibrating all its SOP's - not only within the company but the entire ecosystem; from the viewpoint of both personal and workplace safety in COVID-19 era."
"At the same time, during the lockdown, we continue skilling-up HMSI and dealer staff with various e-learning modules. Preparations are on to resume operations after receiving respective approvals from Government while re-aligning with supply-chain constraints and evolving market sentiments."
Apart from the announcement of sales for the month of April 2020, Honda has also announced a change in top management. As part of the changes, Mr Atsushi Ogata is now the new President, CEO & Managing Director of HMSI; while Mr V. Sridhar takes over the new position of Senior Director, Purchase, HMSI. Also, Mr Yadvinder Singh Guleria & Mr Vinay Dingra are now part of the Board of Directors, HMSI.
Thoughts About Honda Bike Sales Report For April 2020
Vehicles manufacturers have just begun restarting production after a month-long shut down in operations, due to the COVID-19 lockdown in India. We expect low customer sentiments for vehicle purchases over the next couple of months as well.