- 49 min ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Benelli TRK 502 Spotted Arriving At Dealerships In India: Launching Soon?
- 16 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Deliveries Cross Over 720 Units Across India: Announced Serice Campaign
- 18 hrs ago New Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Ahead Of its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Technology Tecno Pova Review: Impressive Baterry At An Affordable Price
- Movies Padma Awards 2021: Late SP Balasubrahmanyam, Shinzo Abe And Others To Be Recipient Of The Prestigious Award
- News In Pics: India displays military might, cultural heritage on Republic Day
- Sports India vs England 2021: Prolific Root has potential to surpass Tendulkar's Test record, says Boycott
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Glow Is Unmissable As She Performs Yoga Flaunting Her Baby Bump
- Finance 5 Stock Picks Ahead Of The Budget From HDFC Securities
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In January 2021
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
The Honda Activa is currently the best-selling scooter in the Indian market. The scooter is currently in its sixth-generation iteration, after being introduced for the first time almost two decades ago.
The scooter as mentioned is now entering 20 years of its successful run in the Indian market. To celebrate this occasion, Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India has introduced a new special '20-year Anniversary Edition' version of its Activa 6G scooter.
The new Honda Activa 6G 20-year anniversary edition comes in two variant options: Standard and Deluxe. The base variant is priced at Rs 66,816 and the top-trim is offered with a price tag of Rs 68,316. All prices are ex-showroom (Gurugram, Haryana).
In terms of cosmetic updates, the new Honda Activa 20-year anniversary edition scooter now comes with two new paint schemes: Matte Mature Brown and Pearl Nightstar Black.
Both colour scheme on the scooter is further complemented with white and gold stripes, running the entire length of the scooter.
The new 20-year anniversary edition also features the pillion grab rails finished in the same paint scheme as well. The side panels on the anniversary edition now feature the ‘Activa' logo in gold.
This with the black-finished steel wheels at either end and the black/brown seat covers, add to the visual appeal of the special edition scooter, allowing it to immediately stand-out among the crowd.
Apart from the cosmetic updates, no other changes have been made. The special anniversary edition scooter continues to be powered by the same BS6-compliant 109cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine. It produces 7.7bhp at 8000rpm and 8.8Nm of peak torque at 5250rpm.
Atsushi Ogata, Managing Director, President & CEO, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. said,
"The legend was born 20 years ago, when Honda realized The Power of Dreams of India with its debut model - Activa. Since then, every new generation of Honda Activa has introduced Indian riders to advance global technologies ahead of time."
"Celebrating Indian customers love and trust on Activa - the true gold standard of unisex family commute, we are delighted to launch the special 20th Anniversary edition of Activa 6G."
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director - Sales & Marketing, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. said,
"Delighting lakhs of new customers every month, Activa is the torchbearer of India's two-wheeler industry. We are proud to be a part of the everyday life of incredible India. Today, there is hardly any place in India where you can't spot an Activa."
"As the first choice of every Indian family, this specially curated 20th-anniversary edition is to celebrate Activa's inseparable bond with our customers."
"Starting from the brand new Matte Mature Brown colour which is the first-ever introduction on any Honda scooter to the distinctive gold embossed logos and more distinctive design cues, Activa 6G - 20th-anniversary edition is as precious as gold!"
Thoughts On The Honda Activa 6G 20-Year Anniversary Edition
The Honda Activa is one of the best-selling scooters in India, since its launch. The scooter has become a household name in the country. However, it does face competition from the likes of the TVS Jupiter, Hero Pleasure 110 and the likes.