- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooters Pan India Launch Delayed Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
- 2 hrs ago Coronavirus Lockdown: Ola Lays Off 1,400 Employees As Part Of Major Downsizing Operation
- 4 hrs ago 2020 Datsun RediGO Facelift Variants, Features & Other Details Revealed: Unofficial Bookings Begin
- 4 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooters With Smart Connectivity To Be Introduced In India: Acquires Etergo BV
- Movies Sara Khan Hates The Fact That People Keep Talking About Her Past;Wants Them To Remember Her For Work
- Lifestyle Did You Know That The Way You Sit Can Impact Your Health?
- Finance How To Book Slots On Kerala's Liquor Delivery App 'BevQ'?
- News Nearly 23 lakh people in quarantine across India: Govt estimates
- Sports Virat Kohli has the best footwork, he brilliantly uses the crease: Priyam Garg
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Series Bags TENNA Certification; Key Features Tipped
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Hero Xtreme 200S and the Xpulse 200T BS6 motorcycles have been teased ahead of its launch by the company. The upcoming Hero BS6 motorcycles have been teased on the company's website.
We had earlier reported that Hero Xtreme 200R & 200S and the Xpulse 200T motorcycles were unlisted from the company's website. However, two of the three motorcycles reported have been relisted on the company's website with a teaser image.
The Hero Xtreme 200S and the Xpulse 200T are back on the company's website with a BS6 engine update. The complete specifications, changes and prices are yet to be revealed by the company. Also, there is no confirmation from the company if the Hero Xtreme 200R naked motorcycle will feature a BS6 compliant engine.
Like most manufacturers in the country and across the globe, Hero Motocorp have also suspended their manufacturing operations due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. This could have delayed the company's timeline to update the motorcycles to meet BS6 emission standards.
All motorcycles listed under the 200cc segment in the company's line-up belong to the Hero's ‘X' family. These include The Xpulse 200 & 200T and the Xtreme 200R & 200S which share the same engine with similar mechanicals and features.
Although the company has not revealed the engine specs of the Hero Xtreme 200S and the Xpulse 200T, we expect these motorcycles to feature the same engine as the Xpulse 200 BS6 model.
The power and torque figures of these Xpulse 200 BS6 model have also been revealed ahead of its launch on the company's website. The 199.6cc has now been updated to meet BS6 emission standards and features air/oil-cooling and fuel-injection as standard.
The updated BS6 engine now produces a maximum power of 17.8bhp at 8,500rpm and a peak torque of 16.4Nm at 6,400rpm — a 0.3bhp and a 0.7Nm torque lesser than the BS4 engine. The engine will continue to come mated to a five-speed gearbox.
Apart from the engine, both motorcycles are expected to carry forward all features and mechanicals from the previous models. More details will be revealed closer to the launch by the company.
The Xtreme 200S and the Xpulse 200T are fully-faired and entry-level touring motorcycle from the brand's line-up. Both motorcycles feature LED headlamp, LED taillights, a fully-digital instrument cluster with Bluetooth connectivity, turn-by-turn navigation, and more.
Thoughts About The Hero Xtreme 200S & Xpulse 200T BS6 Motorcycles Teased
The on-going Coronavirus crisis and the resulting lockdown announced have impacted the product launches and other major events in the country. However, brands have taken the opportunity to connect with their customer base digitally. As a result, we are noticing many brands revealing their upcoming vehicles on various digital platforms. As is, the motorcycles are expected to produce lesser power than their BS4 counterparts.