- 1 hr ago Maruti Ertiga Becomes India’s Best-Selling MPV In FY 2019-20: Registers Over 90,000 Units of Sales
- 1 hr ago Hyundai ‘Click to Buy’ Online Purchasing Service Launched Across India
- 2 hrs ago Maxxis Tyres Partners With Yamaha: To Sell Co-Branded Tyres At Yamaha Dealerships
- 3 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 200S & Xpulse 200T BS6 Motorcycles Teased Ahead Of India Launch
- Sports Pujara's deal with Gloucestershire called off due to COVID-19 pandemic
- News 8 ESIC hospitals with 1,042 beds declared COVID-19 facilities for all insured persons
- Lifestyle How To Cut Your Own Hair And Not Regret It Later!
- Movies Hum Paanch Starring Vidya Balan, Ashok Saraf To Be Rerun On Television; Ashok Says He Had No Idea
- Technology LG Teases Upcoming Smartphone Revealing Raindrop Camera, Design
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Richest Indian On Forbes Billionaires List 2020
- Education Impact of Coronavirus on College Education in India: Dr Swati Mujumdar, Symbiosis, Speaks
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In April
Hero MotoCorp unveiled their all-new Xtreme 160R motorcycle in India. The new Hero Xtreme 160R naked motorcycle is based on the Xtreme 1.R Concept model, showcased back at EICMA 2019.
The Hero Xtreme 160R is the third and smallest displacement offering in the brand's 'Xtreme' series, which already consists of the Xtreme 200R (naked) and Xtreme 200S (faired). The motorcycle has been confirmed to go on sale in the Indian market by March 2020.
The all-new Hero Xtreme 160R comes powered by a 160cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 15bhp at 8000rpm and 14Nm of peak torque at 6500rpm and comes mated to a five-speed gearbox. Hero MotoCorp claims that the Xtreme 160R is the quickest motorcycle in the segment, clocking a 0 - 60km/h in just 4.7 seconds.
The Hero Xtreme 160R comes with a host of features and equipment. This includes full LED lighting all around, including LED headlamps, DRLs and taillights and LED turn indicators. It also comes with a side-stand engine cut off system which is a segment-first. Other features also include a single-piece seat, fully-digital instrument cluster and stylish-looking body graphics.
The overall design of the motorcycle has been heavily inspired by the Xtreme 1.R Concept. This includes the dual-tone black/white paint scheme and the stylish alloy wheels with reflective side strips.
The Hero Xtreme 160R comes with conventional 37mm forks at the front and a seven-step adjustable mono-shock setup at the rear. Braking is handled by 276mm and 220mm petal discs at the front and rear, respectively, supported by single-channel ABS as standard.
The new Hero Xtreme 160R is offered in two variants: single-disc and double-disc trims. All variants of the motorcycle are further offered in a range of three colour options: White/ Grey, Blue/Grey and Sports Red/Grey.
Thoughts On The Hero Xtreme 160R Unveil
The Hero Xtreme 160R borrows a lot of its design inspiration from the Xtreme 1.R Concept showcased at EICMA 2019. The Xtreme 160R once launched in India will rival the likes of the Bajaj Pulsar NS160 and the TVS Apache RTR 160 4V. Bookings for the Xtreme 160R is said to start soon, with deliveries to begin soon after launch.