- 1 hr ago Honda Jazz BS6 Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival Tata Altroz
- 17 hrs ago Car Sales Report For March 2020: Hyundai India registers A 41% Decline In Sales
- 18 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Extension Of Free Service & Warranty Periods For Two And Three Wheelers
- 19 hrs ago Madhuri Dixit’s Innova Crysta Modified By DC Designs With Ultra Luxury Interiors
- Finance Moody's Revises Outlook On Indian Banks From 'Stable' To 'Negative'
- Movies Coronavirus: Tom Hanks 'Terribly Sad' Due To Singer Adam Schlesinger's Sudden Demise
- Technology YouTube Shorts Set To Compete With TikTok: Here’s How
- News 3 more test positive for Coronavirus in Assam, total cases rise to 16
- Sports I don't even know what I want – Ibrahimovic unsure about future
- Lifestyle Navami 2020: Know What Happened In Ayodhya During Rama’s 14 Years Of Exile
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In April
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
New Delhi based Hero MotoCorp showcased a prototype adventure styled motorcycle at the recent Auto Expo. While the company hasn't released an official statement just yet, the showcased motorcycle points in the direction the company is headed towards.
The prototype adventure motorcycle is still displayed at the company's Global Center for Innovation and Technology at Jaipur, albeit minus all the body work. One can however tell that there's a new steel trellis frame.
Industry speculation is that the motorcycle will feature a larger engine - between 300cc and 500cc, and that the motorcycle will compete with the KTM Adventure 390 once launched.
While details are limited, one has to keep in mind that Hero is capable of, and has resources to help with launching a motorcycle that can compete with the current set of adventure bikes in the segment.
The company has motor sports and rally teams that participate at the Dakar Rally, the Head of Chassis Development is the infamous David Lopez (credited with the design and development of the Triumph Tiger 800's chassis), and accredited and title winning talent like CS Santosh - all of whom can bring their expertise to the build.
The company recently launched the Xpulse 200 Rally Kit after researching and developing it with inputs from it Rally Team. This shows that the company is committed to the adventure segments, and could go on to become a formidable force within that space.
Rumor has it that the motorcycle will be part of the Xpulse line and could arrive with either a 300 badge or a 400 badge on it. Considering that the company's Rally Team uses 450cc engines, this sounds fairly possible.
Thoughts Of About The Possibility Of Hero MotoCorp Launching A Larger Displacement Adventure Motorcycle
While one gets excited by the most of Hero's concept and prototype motorcycles, there's no denying the fact that most of these motorcycles do not make it past a motorcycle show. Either way, we're hoping this motorcycle makes it to production soon. We'd like to say ‘we expect to see this motorcycle launched sometime next year' but only time will tell.