- 6 hrs ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 8 hrs ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 11 hrs ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- 13 hrs ago Ather 450X Prices Dropped By Rs 14,500 Due To FAME II Scheme Incentives Revision: Details
- Sports Denmark 0-1 Finland: Historic Pohjanpalo winner overshadowed by Eriksen collapse
- News Eligible population in some Jharkhand villages including naxal-affected fully vaccinated
- Finance These Companies/Groups Top The List Of Most Valuable Brands Of India In 2021
- Movies YouTuber Bhuvan Bam Loses Parents To COVID-19; Pens Heartbreaking Note - 'Lost Both My Lifelines To COVID'
- Technology Vivo V21e 5G India Launch Tipped; Key Features To Check Out
- Education THE Asia University Rankings 2021: List of Indian Universities In Times Asia Rankings 2021
- Lifestyle International Albinism Awareness Day 2021: What Is Albinism? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
During the financial year 2019-20, the overall two-wheeler industry saw a negative sales growth of 18 percent compared to FY 2018-19. Moreover, the sales volume of motorcycles was twice than those of scooters, considering 64 percent of two-wheelers sold in FY2020 were motorcycles in India.
Speaking about Hero MotoCorp, the company sold around 62,31,458 units during the Financial Year 2019-20 from its entire lineup. However, in FY 18-19 the company sold 76,12,775 units, which is a negative sales growth of 18.1 percent. Out of the total sales in FY 19-20, the regular Splendor and the Splendor Plus combined together sold around 26,32,800 units.
On the other hand, Honda sold 47,06,589 units in FY 19-20 against 55,20,617 units sold during FY 18-19 amounting to a negative growth of 14.7 percent. Out of the total sales figure in FY 19-20, Honda managed to sell 25,91,059 units of the Activa. Hence, the Hero Splendor managed to dethrone the Honda Activa as far as the sale figures go.
In other recent news, Hero launched the BS6 version of the Splendor. The motorcycle continues to draw power from a 97.2cc single-cylinder engine that now produces 7.8bhp of power and 8.05Nm of peak torque. The engine continues to come mated to a four-speed manual gearbox.
The Hero Splendor is available in three variants - first is a standard variant priced at Rs 59,600, the second variant features alloy wheels and a self-start system and is priced at Rs 61,900, and the third is the i3S (all the above features included) that is priced Rs 63,110. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom, Delhi.
Honda launched the Activa 6G BS6 earlier this year, and the scooter is available in two variants: Standard and Deluxe. Powering the Activa is a 109cc single-cylinder, air-cooled engine that produces 7.79bhp of power and 8.79Nm of peak torque. The scooter also features the company's PGM-Fi technology that offers engine refinement, enhanced performance, and better fuel efficiency. Also, a few days back, the company increased the price of the Activa by Rs 552, and the scooter is now priced starting at Rs 64,464.
Thoughts About The Two-Wheeler Sales In India
Since the COVID-19 crisis, the automobile industry has taken a huge hit and some dealers are on the verge of shutting shop permanently. Also, there will be no two-wheeler sales happening till the nationwide lockdown is lifted on May 3. We hope that this situation gets better in the near future.