- 45 min ago Hyundai Venue To Be Offered With iMT Clutchless Manual Transmission In India
- 56 min ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 1 hr ago All-New 2020 Fifth-Generation Honda City To Launch On July 15 In India
- 2 hrs ago Renault Kiger Snapped Testing Once Again Before Its India Launch
- News Let us code for Aatmanirbhar Bharat, PM Modi says in push for home grown apps
- Sports Aavishkar Salvi named head coach of Puducherry cricket team
- Finance IT Dept Makes Changes To Challan For Non-Resident E-Commerce Companies
- Movies Celebs Back Milap Zaveri For Lashing Out At Kamaal R Khan’s Hypocrisy On Sushant Singh Rajput
- Technology iQOO Z1x 5G Set To Debut On July 9: Another Mid-Range Gaming Handset?
- Lifestyle 7 Interesting Things That May Happen On The Next Day Of Your Marriage
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Hero MotoCorp has resumed operations in India after the lockdown has been partially-lifted across select cities in the country. The company has started its retail sales operations across 1,500 touch-points across India.
The company has already started to dispatch vehicles from its manufacturing plants to its dealer network across the country for the current fiscal year. Hero MotoCorp has sold 10,000 units of motorcycles and scooters ever since the reopening of retail sales after the introduction of partial lockdown in the country.
The company had halted its entire operations in the country and across the globe since March 22 as a precautionary preventive measure against COVID-19. However, Hero MotoCorp became the first two-wheeler manufacturer in India to resume operations on May 4, 2020. It has reopened three of its manufacturing plants at Dharuhera & Gurgaon in Haryana, and Haridwar in Uttarakhand.
Hero MotoCorp has also issued a restart manual to its dealerships, workshops and parts distributors. This is issued to ensure the safekeeping of its customers and workforce during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
The restart manual has been issued in 10 regional languages, which have proven immensely helpful in rural and interior areas. The manuals have more graphical content that illustrates accurate information and easily conveys crucial information.
It also includes a detailed explanation of (SOP) Standard Operating Procedures for restarting operations, from pre-opening preparations to monitoring & operating guidelines after the restart. These include a deep cleaning of showrooms, workshops, customer lounges, and washrooms; among others.
It also includes guidelines to set staggered break times for its workforce, following customer and staff entry protocols, use of PPEs such as masks and gloves, and encouraging digital payments, among others.
The manuals also include guidelines to be followed for customer vehicle servicing. These include a pre-delivery inspection, vehicle pick-up and drop off protocols, pre-booking of service slots to avoid waiting time for customers at service centres, social distancing protocol in workshops, and creation of waiting areas.
Additionally, Hero MotoCorp has also conducted intense training programs through webinars reaching 700 internal sales and after-sales employees, and over 7,000 customer touch-points as well.
The company is also maintaining strict procedures to ensure the safekeeping of its workforce at its manufacturing facilities as well. It includes complete sanitization of all workplaces regularly, sanitization of buses, shuttles, and other official vehicles after each trip, deep cleaning and sanitization before daily shift commencement.
Thoughts About Hero MotoCorp Resuming Operations With Over 10,000 Units Sold Already
Hero MotoCorp has resumed operations across the globe with strict guidelines to be followed by the company's employees. This ensures smooth operations of the entire operations, while maintaining proper hygiene during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. With 10,000 units sold already, Hero MotorCorp is looking to make up for last month's low sales figures.