- 1 hr ago Jawa Motorcycles Said To Be Working On Electric Bikes For India: Unveil Expected Only By 2021
- 15 hrs ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- 17 hrs ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 19 hrs ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- Sports Eoin Morgan recalls closing moments of ICC World Cup 2019 Final
- News Kanpur ambush: Vikas Dubey's aide arrested, 2 looted rifles recovered, says UP police
- Movies Producer Ravinder Vows To Take Responsibility Of Vanitha Vijaykumar’s Daughters’ Marriage Expenses
- Finance 5Paisa Capital Hits 52-Week High On Reporting First Ever Quarterly Profit
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S20 Lite Appears On Geekbench; Key Features Tipped
- Lifestyle A Suitable Boy Actress Rasika Dugal’s Party Outfits Will Help You Steal The Limelight
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Hero Maestro Electric Proto concept electric scooter has been spotted ahead of its India launch. The eMaestro electric scooter will be the brand's first product offering to the EV segment in India.
The images of the upcoming Hero eMaestro from 91 Wheels reveal the scooter to feature a fully digital instrument cluster. The upcoming electric scooter is expected to be launched sometime during this year.
Talking about the upcoming electric scooter's design, the Hero eMaestro Proto electric scooter will be based on the Maestro 125. It is expected to feature a masked-out LED headlamp with integrated DRLs, and it will also feature LED taillamps. The images reveal the prototype scooter to feature copper finished wheels and a front suspension unit. It is also expected to have some unique features that will complement the electric nature of the scooter as well.
The Hero eMaestro is still at its concept stage and not many details have been revealed about the powertrain by the company. However, from the leaked images we can confirm that the upcoming electric scooter will feature a permanent magnet hub-mounted motor connected to a Lithium-ion battery pack placed under the footboard.
Other features on the Maestro electric include a fully-digital instrument cluster, multiple riding modes that can be toggled using a rotary switch placed on the left side of the handlebar. It will also feature the connected technology with smartphone pairing via an application.
The upcoming electric scooter will feature telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear. Braking duties are expected to be handled by drum brakes at both ends. Whether the scooter will feature any form of regenerative braking remains to be seen.
In related news, Hero Electric has stated that Indian motorists will rapidly shift to electric mobility because of the Covid-19 outbreak. The company feels that there will be an increase in demand for personal transport, especially in the electric two-wheeler segment in India.
The company is encouraging the shift to electric mobility by offering discounts across its entire range of electric scooters. The discount offers are limited to orders made online — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Hero Maestro Electric Proto Concept Scooter
The Hero eMaestro features simple looks with subtle changes to stand apart from its IC engine powered counterpart. With the increasing demand for EVs in the country, most mainstream manufacturers have either launched a new electric scooter or are developing one for the Indian market.