- 5 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- 8 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- 10 hrs ago New Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan Bookings Open In India: Launch Expected In The Coming Months
- Sports Tokyo Olympics-bound Indian athletes attend workshop to learn Japanese cultural sensitivity
- Movies Ram Gopal Varma Congratulates Dhananjay On The Success Of Popcorn Monkey Tiger
- News Government scraps Jammu and Kashmir Bank recruitment process
- Technology Tenda F6 Wireless N300 Router Review: Basic Router And Repeater For All
- Lifestyle Anushka Sharma's Sequinned White Dress Is What We Want To Update Our Wardrobe With
- Finance Axis Bank Appoints New CFO
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Calicut based custom motorcycle builder, Mohamed Adhil, has just finished his first custom motorcycle - a modified Hero Karizma R that has been rechristened Katalan.
The Karizma R features heavy modifications and custom built parts that give the motorcycle a stripped down scrambler look. Mohamed Adhil uploaded some photographs of the custom built Karizma over social media.
The modified Hero Karizma R features a rather simple, very functional headlight assemble. The modified motorcycle gets a simple round headlight that features a lens grille, turn signal indicators that are mounted on the fork stays, and a rally style front mudguard.
The handlebar has been replaced in order to achieve the best riding triangle possible. The modified Karizma R also features a brushed aluminium switch-gear panel, single pod instrument cluster, and starter and kill-switch modules mounted on the sides.
The Katalan also features a compass on the fuel tank, shortened wiring that rests under the fuel tank, and a battery housing that has been neatly placed near the swing arm.
The air intake system on the modified Hero Karizma R is house in a custom built box that has been tucked away behind the side panel, the front forks have been swapped with the front forks of the Hero Impulse, allowing for more travel and better handling across different terrain.
The factory installed foot pegs and gear lever have been swapped with more rugged and durable ones. In addition, the modified Karizma R features a hand built, top mounted stainless steel one-into-two exhaust system. One muffler has been blacked-out and is hidden behind the side panel that has ‘82' painted on it.
The other muffler features a stainless steel finish, and uses a flex pipe (featured in four-wheelers) at the rear section to allow for softer movement while riding over tough terrain. The motorcycle also features a hand crafted, heavy duty bash plate.
The scrambler styled Hero Karizma R features Timsun 90/90-19 tyres at the front and Ralco 120/90-17 tyres at the rear. Both tyres are knobby and can be use across multiple terrain.
The modified motorcycle has been tastefully painted and features British green and satin on the tank, satin on the side panels and the front mudguard, and black for the handlebar and wheel rims.
No modifications have been made to the engine of the motorcycle and it continues to feature the Hero Karizma R's 223cc air-cooled, single cylinder petrol engine that produces 19.2bhp of power and 19.35Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed gearbox.
Performance of the modified motorcycle however, is expected to be much better than the Karizma R because of the power-to-weight ratio.
Thoughts About The Modified Hero Karizma R
We think Mohamed Adhil has done a fantastic job with this modification. Obviously. The Karizma R was modified over a period of two years, at a backyard, with basic and some intermediate tools. The work is excellent, and honestly, we're wanting to ride this motorcycle without doubt!