- 5 hrs ago Audi e-Tron India Launch Confirmed For 22 July: Advanced Electric Vehicle Coming Soon
- 20 hrs ago Hyundai Alcazar Review (First Drive) — Feature Loaded SUV Gives You All You Need In A Car & More
- 21 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Deliveries To Begin In August; India Launch On 28 June, 2021
- 1 day ago 2021 BMW 5 Series India Launch Price At Rs 62.90 Lakh: 620Nm, New iDrive & MSport Variant Available
- Lifestyle Pooja Hegde Looks Like A Dream In Her Elegant Flower-Patterned Saree; Pictures Inside!
- Technology iQOO Gaming Event Announced To Find Big Gaming Streamers In India
- Movies Anupam Kher Shares Hilarious Video Of Man Who Did Not Recognize Him In Himachal Pradesh
- Finance UBS Ups Average Inflation Print To 5 Per Cent With More Upside Risks
- Education BSE Odisha 10th Result 2021 To Be Declared Today At 6 PM
- News After ‘then you suffer’ remark, Kerala women panel chief resigns
- Sports ICC congratulate New Zealand for clinching World Test Championship title
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In July
As the CoronaVirus (COVID-19) pandemic has affected the entire globe, a lot of companies and manufacturers are helping with relief-efforts in India by contributing everything they can. The Hero Group has pledged Rs 100 Crore as an aid for the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Half of this money (Rs 50 Crore) will be contributed to the PM-Cares Fund and the remaining Rs 50 crore will be spent in other relief efforts. BML Munjal University at Dharuhera in Haryana has also offered its 2000-bed hostel for use as an isolation and treatment ward by the local health department and along with that, they have distributed food items and hygiene kits to people spread across 150 villages around its project sites.
Dr. Pawan Munjal, Chairman, Hero Motocorp said, "Our country, and indeed the entire world, is currently facing an unprecedented challenge in the form of COVID-19. In such critical times, it is of utmost importance and urgency that we all come together and support the marginalized sections of the society, along with those who are in dire conditions. In the extended Hero family, we are humbled in making this contribution, partially to the PM-Cares Fund and remaining towards relief efforts through other channels."
The world's largest two-wheeler manufacturer, Hero MotoCorp, will also distribute masks, sanitizers, gloves, and 100 ventilators to hospitals and health departments for necessary use. The company has also offered to donate more than 60 motorcycles to the health departments in the rural areas in various states. These motorcycles have been modified so that they can be used as mobile ambulances.
As a responsible, caring and compassionate organization, Hero MotoCorp is distributing more than 10,000 meals to daily wage workers, stranded laborers and homeless families in several areas of Delhi-NCR, Rajasthan, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat.
Thoughts On The CoronaVirus (COVID-19) Pandemic Relief Funds
Like we said, everything has practically come to a stop because of the COVID-19 pandemic across the globe. There are a lot of people who need help (food, clothing and shelter) and since the Hero Group has pledged Rs 100 Crore as an aid, it will definitely help the people who are in need of help. We are all in this together.