- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 days ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Technology Week 40, 2020 Launch Roundup: Redmi 9i, LG WING, Moto E7 Plus, Realme 7i, Sony Xperia 5 II And More
- Sports Controversial umpiring decision mars Delhi Capitals' win over Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2020
- Education Schools Reopen In India Latest News, Check State-wise List
- Movies The Kapil Sharma Show: Renuka Shahane Walk Fans Through Her Love Story With Ashutosh Rana
- News Ladakh row: Corps Commander talks on Monday; Army strengthens dominance in over 20 strategic height
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amid Pandemic, Rahul Mishra’s Lotus Pond Collection Exudes A Soothing Effect
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Hero Electric and EV Motors (EVM) India partner to launch rapid charging e-bike in the Indian market. EVM will provide its fast-charging battery pack to power the Hero Electric scooters, which is claimed to charge from 0 to 100 per cent in less than 30 minutes.
The company will also provide ‘PlugNgo' fast-charging stations to help with rapid charging of batteries. According to the company, this quick charge feature makes daily vehicle operation of 130 km to 140 km stress-free.
It will help in bringing down the maintenance & running costs, which will help improve the business. The rapid charging stations will be installed at strategic locations including the Hero dealerships and will be accessible for public charging.
The partnership is primarily targeting the new service for last-mile delivery operation. Initially, a pilot project of around 10,000 e-bikes will be launched in a few cities over the next 12 months, ahead of nationwide launch.
The service has been specially designed for last-mile operations and will cater delivery operators in many sectors such as e-commerce, online food, fleet operators & courier delivery businesses.
Sohinder Gill, CEO, Hero Electric said, "This unique solution of ‘30 minutes Charging' coupled with the easier ownership models may be a game-changer for the EV industry as it will solve three important issues namely- range anxiety, battery replacement costs and the high acquisition price."
He further added, "As a market leader, we'll keep offering a variety of EV adoption options to customers be it battery rapid charging or home charging with lightweight portable batteries. Our upgraded bikes are now ready with the hi-tech batteries from EVM to deliver the best value for money to the discerning customer."
EV Motors offers smart and connected solutions for last-mile delivery operations to ensure longer uptime. It will also provide focused insights related to fleet management and enable the smooth operation of businesses.
It also provides AI-enabled features like vehicle diagnostics, ride statistics, smart battery management system (real-time tracking of battery health, performance and efficiency). The company also provides other advanced features like anti-theft, Geo-Fencing, remote Immobilization, preventive maintenance schedule alert and alarm etc.
Vinit Bansal, Managing Director, EV Motors India said, "We are excited about our partnership with Hero Electric, as it is another step forward towards our commitment to encourage e-mobility and provide a holistic EV infrastructure. We have witnessed huge demand of electric two-wheelers and related services in last-mile delivery operation, keeping in mind the requisition of long-life batteries that can not only be charged very quickly but also can withstand the rigours of high temperatures and Indian driving conditions. Hence, this strategic partnership will help create the necessary competency and technology for building the future of the mobility market in India."
Thoughts About The Hero Electric & EV Motors India Partnering To Launch Rapid Charging E-Bikes
Electric bikes are generally easier to use with very less moving parts, especially for last-mile connectivity. With a rapid charging battery pack along with fast charging stations, it will make for easier adoption of the service in the country. Considering the number of delivery tasks carried out in the country, it would also help reduce a lot of vehicle pollution as well.