- 6 hrs ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 8 hrs ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 10 hrs ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- 12 hrs ago Ather 450X Prices Dropped By Rs 14,500 Due To FAME II Scheme Incentives Revision: Details
- Sports Cilic relishing Stuttgart final with Auger-Aliassime
- News Eligible population in some Jharkhand villages including naxal-affected fully vaccinated
- Finance These Companies/Groups Top The List Of Most Valuable Brands Of India In 2021
- Movies YouTuber Bhuvan Bam Loses Parents To COVID-19; Pens Heartbreaking Note - 'Lost Both My Lifelines To COVID'
- Technology Vivo V21e 5G India Launch Tipped; Key Features To Check Out
- Education THE Asia University Rankings 2021: List of Indian Universities In Times Asia Rankings 2021
- Lifestyle International Albinism Awareness Day 2021: What Is Albinism? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
New Delhi based Hero MotoCorp is planning to make an entry into the electric scooter segment. According to carandbike, the company is working on electric technology, and has begun testing an electric Maestro concept scooter.
*Images for representational purposes only
The company says that the electric scooter is built on the Maestro Edge platform and will offer a powerful Lithium-ion battery, and a permanent magnet motor that will send power to the rear wheel. In addition, the e-Maestro will arrive with cloud connectivity.
Hero has not revealed an information about the e-Maestro concept, but expectations are that the new scooter will be affordable and will be built for the masses.
The e-Maestro concept scooter looks almost similar to the Maestro Edge but arrives with alloy wheels finished in red, and features a fully digital instrument cluster.
While it is still to early to predict, industry speculation is that the Hero e-Maestro electric scooter will be priced under the Rs 1 lakh mark.
The Hero e-Maestro electric scooter has been designed and is being developed at the company's Center of Innovation and Technology at Jaipur. The facility has worked on over 150 products, and was heavily involved in making Hero's existing range of internal combustion engine two wheelers BS6 compliant.
At the recent Hero World 2020 event, Dr Pawan Munjal, the Chairman at Hero MotoCorp, said that the company was investing up to Rs 10,000 crore towards next generation mobility solutions. The company will invest a significant amount towards developing electric technology over the next five and seven years.
Dr Munjal said, "As we enter a new decade, we are aiming at ushering in the next wave of mass mobility that is accessible, convenient and environment-friendly, which is aligned with our rejuvenated vision of Be The Future of Mobility."
Hero will invest in sustainable growth in its global markets and will extend investments to its products, its manufacturing facilities, network expansion, and brand building in the future.
Thoughts About The Hero e-Maestro Electric Scooter Being Developed By Hero MotoCorp
Well, a little late in the game we think, but at least Hero's making an effort. We hope their electric concept scooter actually head to production soon unlike some of their concept motorcycles that never made it past a motorcycle show.