- 37 min ago Ford India Halts Production Due To Semiconductor Shortage: Here Are All Details
- 1 hr ago Honda Grazia 125 Sports Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 82,564
- 1 hr ago 2021 Moto Guzzi V85 TT Globally Revealed: Features Slight Improvements & Updated Electronics
- 2 hrs ago New Lexus LS500 Nishijin Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.22 Crore
- Lifestyle Bhumi Pednekar Stuns Us With Her Retro And Contemporary Pants Style; Pick Your Favourite Look
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan's Energy Levels Are Better Than Those Of People Half His Age: Anand Pandit
- News 'Free to join any party': Team Rajinikanth after some members switch to DMK
- Finance Doorstep Banking Services From Nationalised Banks: How To Register?
- Education IIFT MBA Admit Card 2021 Released At iift.nta.nic.in
- Sports Sindhu and Saina look for better show after listless display in first event of Asia leg
- Technology BSNL To Offer Its Services In Delhi And Mumbai From March 1: Report
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Hero MotoCorp has introduced a new smartphone connectivity feature on three of its products in the country, called the 'Hero Connect'. The connectivity feature is now available on the Hero Xpulse 200, Destini 125 and the Pleasure+ offerings.
The connectivity feature is now offered at an introductory price of Rs 4,999. However, the price is expected to increase to Rs 6,499 at a later stage. The connected tech works by pairing to the rider's smartphone via a dedicated app, which further gives it a host of additional features and functionalities.
Talking about the added smart features, all three models from the Hero MotoCorp range with the new Connect technology will receive features based on vehicle and rider safety as well as riding report.
Rider safety feature includes Topple Alert, which sends in notifications via texts to your registered number and emergency contacts, in case the vehicle topples. Vehicle safety features on offer include live tracking, tow-away alert, last park location and geofencing.
Riding report gives a rider's a trip analysis, driving score and a speed alert as well. The trip analysis helps the rider review details such as the distance travelled, time taken and route selected within the last six months.
While the Hero Connect feature is currently available for only three of its models. We expect the company to roll out the feature across its entire product lineup in the future. The Hero Xpulse 200, Destini 125 and Pleasure+ are popular offerings in their respective segments, bringing in good month-on-month sales for the brand.
The company has managed to bounce back from the sales disruption during the earlier part of the year. Hero MotoCorp state that the festive season, along with the pent-up demand to purchase vehicles were the main contributing factors towards their recovery.
Hero also announced that the brand registered 14 lakh units of sales during the 32-day festive season, which concluded earlier this month — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Hero Connect Technology Introduced
Hero MotoCorp has also finally started offering connected technology on its products in the Indian market, something which is quickly becoming a standard, among brands. Apart from Hero MotoCorp, TVS also offers its products with connected tech.