- 9 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 11 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass Facelift Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 11 hrs ago Made-in-India Renault Kwid Scores 2 Stars Global NCAP Safety Rating In Africa
- 14 hrs ago All-New Suzuki Burgman Street Electric Scooter Spied Testing Yet Again: Spy Pics & Details
- Technology Week 49, 2020 Launch Roundup: Moto G 5G, Tecno POVA, Vivo V20 Pro, Infinix Zero 8i And More
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar December 5 Highlights: Nikki Tamboli Gets Eliminated From The House In Mid-Season Finale
- News Opposition parties extend support to Bharat Bandh by farmer unions; Protests in several states
- Sports Marc Marquez facing further treatment after infection in fracture
- Education DU 7th Cut-off 2020 Released, Check Stream-wise Cut-off At du.ac.in
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby Boy
- Finance Income Tax Benefits To Very Senior Citizens: Know Them
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In December
American two-wheeler manufacturer, Harley-Davidson, has been working on a smaller capacity motorcycle that will be licenced to China based Qianjiang Motorcycle Co, also known as QJ Motors, for production.
Details about the motorcycle are scarce at the moment, however Harley has released a rendering of the final product. According to GaadiWaadi, the soon-to-be-launched Harley will feature a parallel-twin engine, and an under-belly exhaust - a design that breaks away from traditional Harley V-Twins.
While Harley's new small capacity motorcycle will borrow its frame, swingarm, disc brake rotors, and its suspension set up from the Benelli TNT 300, it will feature an updated engine.
Speculation is that the motorcycle will feature a BS6 compliant 353cc parallel-twin engine. According to type-approval documents filed by QJ Motors, the QJ350-13/ TNT 300 (2021 model) features a 353cc parallel-twin engine that produces 35.5bhp.
However, the new Harley Davidson will feature an updated motor with a larger displacement. It is already being said that the upcoming motorcycle will be powered by a 353cc parallel-twin motor.
Chances are that the upcoming Harley will share its engine and other hardware with the QJ350-13, but will borrow its design from flat track styled models.
Speculation is that Harley-Davidson will launch the motorcycle as scheduled (closer to Christmas 2021), and that it will be priced somewhere between the Rs 3 lakh and the Rs 3.5 lakh mark. Prices mentioned are ex-showroom.
The motorcycle will compete with the BMW G 310 R, and the Benelli TNT 300 at launch.
In Harley related news, the brand recently hiked prices for its 1200 Custom model. The 1,202cc motorcycle is now available starting at Rs 10.89 lakh ex-showroom - more expensive by Rs 12,000. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Harley-Davidson 350cc Motorcycle
We're not entirely sure about this one. Harley-Davidson is known for its V-Twins and thunderous exhaust notes, not parallel-twins with an under-belly exhaust. We think that most folk want a traditionally designed Harley that is more affordable, and not one that is held together with borrowed parts. Unlike the rest of the country, we hope the brand knows what it's doing.