- 1 hr ago TVS Announces Expert On Wheels Service For Its Customers: Read More To Find Out
- 1 hr ago TVS Ntorq 125 Prices Increase For Second Time After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- 2 hrs ago 2020 Maruti Celerio Spotted Testing For The First Time In India: Details & Specifications
- 3 hrs ago Techo Electra Saathi Electric Moped Launched In India: Priced At Rs 57,697
- Movies Richa Chadha, Ali Fazal's Wedding Postponed; Actors Say ‘Maybe Early Next Year'
- Lifestyle Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2 Actress Erica Fernandes Exudes Festive Vibes In A Sober Pristine White Suit
- Finance RIL Gains 7% On Reports Of Netmeds Deal
- Sports Australian pacer Mitchell Starc doesn't regret giving IPL a miss in 2020
- Technology Redmi 9 Prime With MediaTek Helio G80 SoC Launched In India; Should You Buy?
- News Amit Shah may be in isolation but...Shiv Sena's message to Ashok Gehlot
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
American two-wheeler manufacturer, Harley-Davidson, has been working on a smaller capacity motorcycle that will be licenced to China based Qianjiang Motorcycle Co, also known as QJ Motors, for production.
Details about the motorcycle are scarce at the moment, however Harley has released a rendering of the final product. According to GaadiWaadi, the soon-to-be-launched Harley will feature a parallel-twin engine, and an under-belly exhaust - a design that breaks away from traditional Harley V-Twins.
While Harley's new small capacity motorcycle will borrow its frame, swingarm, disc brake rotors, and its suspension set up from the Benelli TNT 300, it will feature an updated engine.
Speculation is that the motorcycle will feature a BS6 compliant 353cc parallel-twin engine. According to type-approval documents filed by QJ Motors, the QJ350-13/ TNT 300 (2021 model) features a 353cc parallel-twin engine that produces 35.5bhp.
However, the new Harley Davidson will feature an updated motor with a larger displacement. It is already being said that the upcoming motorcycle will be powered by a 353cc parallel-twin motor.
Chances are that the upcoming Harley will share its engine and other hardware with the QJ350-13, but will borrow its design from flat track styled models.
Speculation is that Harley-Davidson will launch the motorcycle as scheduled (closer to Christmas 2021), and that it will be priced somewhere between the Rs 3 lakh and the Rs 3.5 lakh mark. Prices mentioned are ex-showroom.
The motorcycle will compete with the BMW G 310 R, and the Benelli TNT 300 at launch.
In Harley related news, the brand recently hiked prices for its 1200 Custom model. The 1,202cc motorcycle is now available starting at Rs 10.89 lakh ex-showroom - more expensive by Rs 12,000. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Harley-Davidson 350cc Motorcycle
We're not entirely sure about this one. Harley-Davidson is known for its V-Twins and thunderous exhaust notes, not parallel-twins with an under-belly exhaust. We think that most folk want a traditionally designed Harley that is more affordable, and not one that is held together with borrowed parts. Unlike the rest of the country, we hope the brand knows what it's doing.