- 14 hrs ago Mercedes-AMG Cars To Be Made In India Starting With AMG GLC 43 Coupe
- 15 hrs ago New Helmet Rule Imposed In Karnataka: Revised Guidelines For Children On Two-Wheelers
- 17 hrs ago Gemopai Electric Scooters Discounts For October 2020: Festive Season Benefits Up To Rs 5,500
- 17 hrs ago New TVS Ntorq 125 ‘SuperSquad’ Edition Scooter Inspired By Avengers Characters: Priced At Rs 85,992
- Finance Qualcomm And Jio Join Efforts For 5G
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Exam Date 2020 On October 31
- News Chinese soldier held by India after he strayed into Ladakh handed back
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days End Date Sale 2020: Heavy Discounts On Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Lifestyle This Indian-American Girl Discovery Can Lead To The Development Of COVID-19 Drug
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 October 20 Highlights: Gauahar, Hina's Argue With Sidharth, Rubina Feels Disrespected
- Sports Dynamo Kiev 0-2 Juventus: Morata gets Pirlo off to winning start in Champions League
- Travel Best Beaches To Visit In India In November
Harley-Davidson India has announced that the Street 750 and Street Rod motorcycle will be retailed at special prices through Canteen Store Departments (CSD) for armed forces personnel across the country.
Harley-Davidson has taken initiatives in the past for the armed forces in the country. With this initiative, the company aims to help the servicemen realize their dream of owning a Harley Davidson motorcycle.
The company has also started a new special Harley Owners Group (H.O.G) dedicated to the defence officers, called the ‘Armed Forces H.O.G. Chapter'. Ever since 2017, both serving and veteran members from all departments of the armed forces are members of this Chapter.
Harley is also offering unique assistance to the Armed Forces H.O.G Chapter by providing them with free and safe custody of motorcycles. The particular service can be availed at selective Harley-Davidson dealerships across the country. The move to include both the Street 750 and the Street rod motorcycles to the CSD inventory helps the association further.
Sajeev Rajasekharan, Managing Director, Asia Emerging Markets and India, Harley-Davidson, said,
"Harley-Davidson shares a long-term alliance with the armed forces across the globe. With both Street motorcycles being included in the inventory at CSD in India, we look forward to providing more access to members of the armed forces and seeing more members of the forces fulfil their desire to own a Harley-Davidson motorcycle."
The Harley Davidson Street 750 is powered by a BS6 compliant 749 cc, V-Twin, liquid-cooled engine producing a peak torque of 60Nm at 3,750rpm, and comes paired to a six-speed gearbox. The suspension duties are handled by telescopic forks at the front and a twin shock unit at the rear. The braking performance of the motorcycle is through disc brakes at both ends supported by a dual-channel ABS.
The Harley Davidson Street Rod features most components borrowed from the Street 750. This includes the engine, brakes, and lights; among others. However, the Street Rod features an improved suspension setup with USD forks at the front and a gas-charged rear suspension.
Thoughts About The Harley Davidson Street 750 & Street Rod Available In Army Canteens
Harley Davidson is taking great effort and initiatives to help the Armed Force personnel in our country. This is certainly a befitting initiative for armed forces by the brand. The people who are protecting us never demand anything in return, however, it's about time armed forces got something without them asking for it. We hope more brands start such initiatives in our country.