- 4 hrs ago Gemopai Opens Four New Dealerships In Andhra Pradesh & Telangana: Here Are All Details
- 5 hrs ago BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS Price Hike Announced In India: Here Is The New Price List
- 5 hrs ago Citroen India Inaugurates Country’s First La Maison Showroom In Ahmedabad: Here Are The Details!
- 6 hrs ago Okinawa Dual Electric Scooter Launched In India: Priced At Rs 58,998
- News Dynamite blast reported in Karnataka's Shimoga
- Movies Vivian Dsena Says He Is Quite Content With TV And Aspires To Do More Work On The Small Screen
- Education IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Released, Check RRB Office Assistant Prelims Result Link
- Sports IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals trade Robin Uthappa to Chennai Super Kings
- Finance RBI Imposes Rs 2 Crore Penalty On Standard Chartered Bank
- Technology Huawei Mate X2 Foldable Smartphone Launch Pegged For February; Full Specifications Leaked
- Lifestyle Healthy Foods To Eat During All The Three Trimesters
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
The Harley-Davidson Iron 883 BS6 motorcycle price hike has been announced in the Indian market. The Iron 883 roadster was updated to BS6 standards in March 2020 and retailed at a starting price of Rs 9.26 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
However, the brand has increased the pricing of the Iron 883 model by Rs 12,000. The motorcycle now retails at a starting price of Rs 9.38 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The motorcycle is listed for online purchase and is available in four paint schemes: Black Denim, Barracuda Silver Denim, River Rock Grey and a dual-tone Scorched Orange/Silver Flux.
The Iron 883 is powered by the brand's air-cooled ‘Evolution' engine. The V-Twin 883cc engine features (ESPFI) Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection and produces 68Nm of peak torque at 4,750 rpm. In comparison, the BS4 engines produced 70Nm of peak torque at 3,500rpm. The engine continues to come mated to a standard five-speed gearbox.
Apart from the engine update, no other changes on the BS6 motorcycle have been made. The Iron 883 measures 2,185mm in length with a wheelbase of 1,515mm. The seat height measures at 760mm and the motorcycle sits 140mm above the ground. The roadster weighs 247 kilograms (dry).
The Harley-Davidson Iron 883 features a bare-bone design giving it a raw roadster look. The round-shaped headlamps, single-pod instrument cluster, turn-indicators, wider handlebar, forward-set footpegs, blacked-out dual-exhaust and bobber-inspired tuck and roll design of the seat. The motorcycle is delivered with a single-seat, however, the company will sell you a pillion seat as an add-on.
The electronic instrument cluster offers a host of information to the rider. This includes an odometer, a time-of-day clock, dual trip meters, a low fuel indicator, a low oil pressure indicator, and an engine diagnostics readout. The motorcycle arrives with a 12.5-litre fuel tank as well.
Suspension on the Iron 883 is handled by a telescopic unit at the front and a twin-shock setup at the rear. Braking on the motorcycle is done via disc braked with dual-piston callipers at both ends. The motorcycle comes equipped with dual-channel ABS as standard. The motorcycle cycle sits on nine-spoke 19-inch alloy shod with 100/90 section tyre at the front and a 16-inch wheel shod with 150/80 tyre at the rear.
In related news, the American two-wheeler manufacturer has announced a new discount offer on the Street Road BS6 motorcycle in the Indian market. The cruiser motorcycle is offered with a cash discount of Rs 55,500 for a limited period — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Harley-Davidson Iron 883 BS6 Price Hike Announced In India
Harley-Davidson joined the list of two-wheeler manufactures, who have recently increased the prices for its BS6 models in the Indian market. The Iron 883 is a bare-bone motorcycle that features a comfortable and relaxed riding position. The retro-roadster has a lot of torque and the only electronic rider aid offered with the motorcycle is dual-channel ABS.