- 1 hr ago New Kawasaki Ninja 300 BS6 India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival The TVS Apache RR310
- 1 hr ago Ather 450X Series1 Deliveries To Start Soon In Pune, Hyderabad & Ahemdabad
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Audi R8 Panther Edition Unveiled Internationally: A Special Model Limited To Just 30 Units
- 3 hrs ago Ford Cars Midnight Surprise Campaign Introduced In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Arshad Warsi Aka Circuit On Munna Bhai 3: I Don't Think It's Going To Work, Raju Is Busy With Other Things
- News Comments by Trudeau on farmer protests will damage ties says MEA after summoning high commissioner
- Sports Asia Cup 2021: Sri Lanka to host the tournament next year, Pakistan in 2022
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Flaunts Her Style In Deconstructed Jumpsuit; You’ll Be Surprised To Know Its Price!
- Finance How To Transfer Funds From EPF To NPS Tier-1 Account?
- Technology Tecno POVA With MediaTek Helio G80 SoC Debuts In India: Price, Specifications
- Education Amazon Jobs: Amazon On a Hiring Spree Engaging More Than 1.2 Million People, Recruiting 2,800 Workers On A Daily Basis
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
Harley-Davidson a couple of months back announced its exit from the Indian market. The company in the process did sign a partnership with Hero MotoCorp, giving the Indian brand the rights to sell and service Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
The distribution agreement between the two companies gave Hero MotoCorp the access to sell Harley-Davidson bike parts, accessories, merchandise and riding apparel as well. However, there was more information needed as to how the company would make this transition.
Harley-Davidson has now released an official statement which explains exactly that. The statement also confirms that the brand will resume India operations via Hero MotoCorp starting from January 2021.
The statement also mentions that owners of Harley-Davidson motorcycles in India will continue to get all the benefits, including warranty and H.O.G. (Harley Owners Group) activities as well.
Sajeev Rajasekharan, M.D. - Asia Emerging Markets & India, Harley-Davidson, stated:
"As we change our business model in India, we are pleased to be continuing our journey in the country together with Hero MotoCorp. We are working closely with Hero to ensure a smooth transition for our riders. We are providing our riders with updates as available and have assured them that Harley-Davidson motorcycle, parts and accessories and general merchandise sales, as well as after-sale services, warranty and H.O.G. activities, will continue from January 2021 onwards."
The company also states that as part of its agreement with Hero MotoCorp, the American brand will continue to introduce new motorcycle offerings in the market. Harley-Davidson has also promised its customers of regular updates and news, going forward as well.
More recently, Harley-Davidson dealers across the country have been unhappy with the American brand. Dealers have complained that Harley-Davidson did not give them any intimation of their plans. While Harley-Davidson did offer compensation, dealers have spoken out, calling these compensations ‘unreasonable' compared to the investments made.
Thoughts On The Harley-Davidson India Operations
Harley-Davidson is said to be working on ensuring a smooth transition of its operation with Hero MotoCorp. However, it remains to be seen how the transition actually takes place closer to 2021, with more updates from Harley-Davidson expected towards the end of December.