- 6 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki To Launch 5 New SUVs Within Next 3 Years
- 22 hrs ago Spy Pics: Undisguised Yezdi Roadking Adventure Spotted Testing
- 24 hrs ago BMW Concept XM SUV Unveiled — Previews Most Powerful M Division Vehicle
- 1 day ago BMW iX SUV Launch Set For Dec 13 — Here's Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Shahid Kapoor Starrer Jersey's New Poster Will Steal Your Hearts And Make You Go Awww
- Technology Realme C11 2021 Gets Price Hike For Second Time; Still Worth Buying?
- Lifestyle 7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- Sports Angela Lee expects an ‘extremely hard battle’ between Stamp Fairtex and Ritu Phogat
- Education MAT PBT Admit Card 2021 Released By AIMA At mat.aima.in, Here’s How To Download
- News Parliament roundup: On day 3, From ‘no record of farmers’ death to dip in terror attacks in J&K since 2018
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
Harley-Davidson a couple of months back announced its exit from the Indian market. The company in the process did sign a partnership with Hero MotoCorp, giving the Indian brand the rights to sell and service Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
The distribution agreement between the two companies gave Hero MotoCorp the access to sell Harley-Davidson bike parts, accessories, merchandise and riding apparel as well. However, there was more information needed as to how the company would make this transition.
Harley-Davidson has now released an official statement which explains exactly that. The statement also confirms that the brand will resume India operations via Hero MotoCorp starting from January 2021.
The statement also mentions that owners of Harley-Davidson motorcycles in India will continue to get all the benefits, including warranty and H.O.G. (Harley Owners Group) activities as well.
Sajeev Rajasekharan, M.D. - Asia Emerging Markets & India, Harley-Davidson, stated:
"As we change our business model in India, we are pleased to be continuing our journey in the country together with Hero MotoCorp. We are working closely with Hero to ensure a smooth transition for our riders. We are providing our riders with updates as available and have assured them that Harley-Davidson motorcycle, parts and accessories and general merchandise sales, as well as after-sale services, warranty and H.O.G. activities, will continue from January 2021 onwards."
The company also states that as part of its agreement with Hero MotoCorp, the American brand will continue to introduce new motorcycle offerings in the market. Harley-Davidson has also promised its customers of regular updates and news, going forward as well.
More recently, Harley-Davidson dealers across the country have been unhappy with the American brand. Dealers have complained that Harley-Davidson did not give them any intimation of their plans. While Harley-Davidson did offer compensation, dealers have spoken out, calling these compensations ‘unreasonable' compared to the investments made.
Thoughts On The Harley-Davidson India Operations
Harley-Davidson is said to be working on ensuring a smooth transition of its operation with Hero MotoCorp. However, it remains to be seen how the transition actually takes place closer to 2021, with more updates from Harley-Davidson expected towards the end of December.