- 5 hrs ago Volkswagen Updates Pre-Owned Cars Centers In India: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago New Tata Tiago NRG Variant Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 7 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer Range To Recieve New Colours: Teaser Released
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Two-Wheelers In India For August 2020: Hero Splendor & Honda Activa Take Top Honours
- Movies Mohanlal Joins The Sets Of Drishyam 2: George Kutty To Get A New Look?
- News Indian delegate walks out of UN General Assembly hall as Imran Khan begins his speech
- Sports BWF postpones Asian leg of World Tour to January 2021
- Finance 7 Stocks That Moved The Most On September 25, 2020
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A72 Tipped To Be In Works; Might Offer Penta-Lens Setup
- Lifestyle Rashami Desai Or Aamna Sharif, Whose Floral Kurti Will You Choose To Flaunt This Navaratri?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
- Education National Medical Commission NMC Constituted As New Regulator For Medical Education In India
Harley-Davidson India is said to have laid off employees and cut down on production operations at its assembly plant in Bawal, Haryana. According to reports from TOI, the company is having to scale down all operations, not only in India but globally, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Although there is no official statement yet from the American motorcycle brand in India, reports do suggest that the company has already laid off staff members. The reason for the downsizing of operations is the reduced demand and sales of their products due to the pandemic.
Reports also suggested that the global job cuts and the downsizing process is part of a new plan by the Jochen Zeitz, CEO, Harley-Davidson. The scale-down process was initiated by Zeitz under ‘The Rewire' strategy.
Also, Harley-Davidson India, MD, Sanjeev Rajasekharan is said to be transferred to Singapore, to handle India operations alongside a few other emerging markets of Asia as well.
Harley-Davidson recently hiked prices of multiple products in its Indian lineup, with the latest being the 1200 Custom. The Harley-Davidson 1200 Custom recently received a hike of Rs 12,000, with the cruiser motorcycle now offered with a price tag of 10.89 lakh, ex-showroom (India) — here are the details.
Having said that, the American brand reduced prices of its Street 750 model in the Indian market.. The entry-level Harley-Davidson Street 750 is now offered with a much affordable price tag of Rs 4.69 lakh, ex-showroom (India); this is after receiving a significant price cut of Rs 65,000.
The Street 750 was updated recently to meet the stringent BS6 emission norms in the Indian market. The motorcycle comes powered by a 749cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine producing 60Nm of torque at 3,750rpm. The engine is mated to a standard six-speed gearbox.
The Harley-Davidson Street 750 is available in a range of five colour options: Vivid Black, Performance Orange, Vivid Black Deluxe, Black Denim and Barracuda Silver Deluxe. Among these, apart from the ‘Vivid Black' paint scheme, all others come with a premium of Rs 12,000. This translates to a price tag of Rs 4.81 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts On The Harley-Davidson India Operations Being Scaled Down
The scale-down of the India operations of Harley-Davidson is part of the brand's global downsizing efforts, as part of a new strategy by the CEO. The COVID-19 pandemic has really seemed to have affected the demand and sales of the motorcycle brand.