- 4 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 7 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 9 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- News Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, Iran's top nuclear scientist, assassinated
- Sports ISL 2020-21: East Bengal vs ATK Mohun Bagan: Krishna, Manvir help ATKMB triumph in historic derby
- Movies KBC 12: Can You Answer The Rs 50 Lakh Question Related To Slumdog Millionaire That Stumped Ankush Sharma?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Harley-Davidson today announced that the American brand has partnered with Hero MotoCorp for the Indian market. The new partnership comes as part of Harley-Davidson's new business overhaul strategy, called 'The Rewire'.
As per the new agreement, Hero MotoCorp will now be able to sell and service Harley-Davidson motorcycles across the country. The distribution agreement also states that the Harley-Davidson Parts & Accessories and the official Merchandise like riding gear and apparel will now be available through the brand-exclusive H-D dealers and Hero's existing dealership network across India.
In terms of licensing agreement, Hero MotoCorp will now be able to develop and sell a range of premium motorcycles in India under the iconic ‘Harley-Davidson' brand name. The agreement between the two manufacturers is said to be beneficial for both. The partnership will bring Harley-Davidson motorcycles closer to its customers via the strong distribution network of Hero MotoCorp across the country.
As mentioned earlier, the partnership between the iconic American brand and the world's largest two-wheeler manufacturer is part of Harley-Davidson's new business strategy. The company had been struggling in the Indian market for quite a while now, with the lockdown in 2020 further affecting sales.
There were earlier reports that the company had shut down its manufacturing facility in Bawal, India. The company had also significantly reduced operations at its sales office in Gurugram, even having to lay off employees as well.
With the partnership with Hero MotoCorp, the American motorcycle brand has ensured that its current customers in India will continue to receive support in terms of service, parts, accessories and all other aspects.
The Harley-Davidson brand in India has a huge following, however, the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown, had a major effect on the brand's sales in the country. The premium motorcycle brand's entry-level offering was the Street 750 which was priced at around Rs 5 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts On The Harley-Davidson & Hero MotoCorp Partnership In India
The partnership between the two brands has been speculated for quite a while now. It will be interesting to see how the two brands will operate in the Indian market going forward and the new vehicles which could come out as a result of their partnership.