- 20 min ago New Kawasaki Ninja 300 BS6 India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival The TVS Apache RR310
- 55 min ago Ather 450X Series1 Deliveries To Start Soon In Pune, Hyderabad & Ahemdabad
- 1 hr ago 2021 Audi R8 Panther Edition Unveiled Internationally: A Special Model Limited To Just 30 Units
- 2 hrs ago Ford Cars Midnight Surprise Campaign Introduced In India: Here Are All Details
- News Is it Karnataka bandh tomorrow?
- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan Says Ananya Panday Would Be Apt To Play The Role Of Poo In K3G Remake
- Technology Tecno POVA With MediaTek Helio G80 SoC Debuts In India: Price, Specifications
- Sports India vs Australia, 1st T20I: Debutant T Natarajan receives cap from Jasprit Bumrah
- Lifestyle 12 Protein-Rich Foods For Pregnant Women
- Finance Travel Stocks Zoom Up To 16% On Covid 19 Vaccine Optimism
- Education Amazon Jobs: Amazon On a Hiring Spree Engaging More Than 1.2 Million People, Recruiting 2,800 Workers On A Daily Basis
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
Harley-Davidson today announced that the American brand has partnered with Hero MotoCorp for the Indian market. The new partnership comes as part of Harley-Davidson's new business overhaul strategy, called 'The Rewire'.
As per the new agreement, Hero MotoCorp will now be able to sell and service Harley-Davidson motorcycles across the country. The distribution agreement also states that the Harley-Davidson Parts & Accessories and the official Merchandise like riding gear and apparel will now be available through the brand-exclusive H-D dealers and Hero's existing dealership network across India.
In terms of licensing agreement, Hero MotoCorp will now be able to develop and sell a range of premium motorcycles in India under the iconic ‘Harley-Davidson' brand name. The agreement between the two manufacturers is said to be beneficial for both. The partnership will bring Harley-Davidson motorcycles closer to its customers via the strong distribution network of Hero MotoCorp across the country.
As mentioned earlier, the partnership between the iconic American brand and the world's largest two-wheeler manufacturer is part of Harley-Davidson's new business strategy. The company had been struggling in the Indian market for quite a while now, with the lockdown in 2020 further affecting sales.
There were earlier reports that the company had shut down its manufacturing facility in Bawal, India. The company had also significantly reduced operations at its sales office in Gurugram, even having to lay off employees as well.
With the partnership with Hero MotoCorp, the American motorcycle brand has ensured that its current customers in India will continue to receive support in terms of service, parts, accessories and all other aspects.
The Harley-Davidson brand in India has a huge following, however, the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown, had a major effect on the brand's sales in the country. The premium motorcycle brand's entry-level offering was the Street 750 which was priced at around Rs 5 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts On The Harley-Davidson & Hero MotoCorp Partnership In India
The partnership between the two brands has been speculated for quite a while now. It will be interesting to see how the two brands will operate in the Indian market going forward and the new vehicles which could come out as a result of their partnership.