- 28 min ago New Norton V4 RR Superbike Unveil Scheduled For Year-End: First Model Under New TVS Ownership
- 1 hr ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 Digital Instrument Cluster Display Revealed: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago Renault Winter Service Camp Announced In India: Here Are All Details
- 17 hrs ago Porsche Taycan Creates New Drifting World Record: Longest Drift In An Electric Vehicle
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Calls Dhoom 2 His Induction Into School Of How To Be Sexy; Read His Post
- News BSF Constable Recruitment 2020 full list: Check here
- Education SSB ASI Admit Card 2020 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Finance Bitcoin Investment Is For Long Term; To Scale To Rs. 1 Crore By 2030: Analysts
- Technology Infinix Zero 8i India Launch Officially Confirmed; Arriving On December 2
- Sports India tour of Australia: Waqar Younis expects tight contest between two nations
- Lifestyle Surbhi Jyoti Leaves Us Speechless With Her Bold Dual Toned Eye Make-Up Look
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Harley-Davidson today announced that the American brand has partnered with Hero MotoCorp for the Indian market. The new partnership comes as part of Harley-Davidson's new business overhaul strategy, called 'The Rewire'.
As per the new agreement, Hero MotoCorp will now be able to sell and service Harley-Davidson motorcycles across the country. The distribution agreement also states that the Harley-Davidson Parts & Accessories and the official Merchandise like riding gear and apparel will now be available through the brand-exclusive H-D dealers and Hero's existing dealership network across India.
In terms of licensing agreement, Hero MotoCorp will now be able to develop and sell a range of premium motorcycles in India under the iconic ‘Harley-Davidson' brand name. The agreement between the two manufacturers is said to be beneficial for both. The partnership will bring Harley-Davidson motorcycles closer to its customers via the strong distribution network of Hero MotoCorp across the country.
As mentioned earlier, the partnership between the iconic American brand and the world's largest two-wheeler manufacturer is part of Harley-Davidson's new business strategy. The company had been struggling in the Indian market for quite a while now, with the lockdown in 2020 further affecting sales.
There were earlier reports that the company had shut down its manufacturing facility in Bawal, India. The company had also significantly reduced operations at its sales office in Gurugram, even having to lay off employees as well.
With the partnership with Hero MotoCorp, the American motorcycle brand has ensured that its current customers in India will continue to receive support in terms of service, parts, accessories and all other aspects.
The Harley-Davidson brand in India has a huge following, however, the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown, had a major effect on the brand's sales in the country. The premium motorcycle brand's entry-level offering was the Street 750 which was priced at around Rs 5 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts On The Harley-Davidson & Hero MotoCorp Partnership In India
The partnership between the two brands has been speculated for quite a while now. It will be interesting to see how the two brands will operate in the Indian market going forward and the new vehicles which could come out as a result of their partnership.