- 1 hr ago Renault Winter Service Camp Announced In India: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Porsche Taycan Creates New Drifting World Record: Longest Drift In An Electric Vehicle
- 17 hrs ago Best-Selling Three-Wheelers In India Between April-Oct 2020: Bajaj RE Comes Out On Top!
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Service Expands To New Cities: Here Are All Details
- Finance ONGC Shares Surge 6% As Crude Prices Jumped 8 percent In 3 Days
- Technology Vivo Y1s Price Leaked Ahead Of Launch; Tie Up With Jio Tipped
- Lifestyle Surbhi Jyoti Leaves Us Speechless With Her Bold Dual Toned Eye Make-Up Look
- News From today, passengers arriving in Mumbai to carry negative COVID-19 test report
- Sports Greg Barclay's vision for ICC: Delivering world events, tapping USA market, women's cricket
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan Is All Smiles As He Shoots With Wife Jaya & Daughter Shweta; Says 'Family At Work'
- Education MHT CET Law Result 2020: Check Result Link And Other Details
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Harley-Davidson has launched its new e-bicycle brand, called the Serial 1 Cycle Company in the international market. The new brand from Harley-Davidson has further revealed its first product, the 'Serial 1' e-bicycle.
The new Harley-Davidson Serial 1 e-bicycle will go on sale in international markets from March 2021. The ‘Serial 1' name for the brand's new electric bicycle is in reference to Harley-Davidson's first-ever motorcycle, called ‘Serial Number One', introduced way back in 1903.
Apart from the name, the electric bicycle also comes with white tyres, spring saddle, straight handlebars, wire-spoke rims and many other design elements, which pays homage to the design of the original motorcycle from Harley-Davidson from over a century ago.
However, the electric bicycle also features a few modern touches to its design as well. This includes the frame integrated LED headlamps and taillights, disc brakes at both front and rear and a stylish Gloss-Black paint scheme; among others.
Aaron Frank, Brand Director, Serial 1 Cycle Company, stated,
"When Harley-Davidson first put power to two wheels in 1903, it changed how the world moved, forever. Inspired by the entrepreneurial vision of Harley-Davidson's founders, we hope to once again change how cyclists and the cycling-curious move around their world with a Serial 1 eBicycle."
He further added, "The dynamic, fast-growing e-Bicycle space is at the forefront of a global mobility revolution. The formation of Serial 1 allows Harley-Davidson to play a key role in this mobility revolution while allowing Serial 1 to focus exclusively on the e-Bicycle customer and deliver an unmatched riding experience rooted in freedom and adventure."
According to the brand, the global e-Bicycle segment was estimated to be over $15 billion in 2019. This is further expected to grow between 2020 and 2025, with an annual rate of 6 per cent.
Thoughts On The Harley-Davidson Series 1 e-Bicycle
The Harley-Davidson Serial 1 e-Bicycle pays excellent homage to the brand's first-ever motorcycle of 1903. The Serial 1 e-Bicycle looks to be an amazing product and it will be interesting to see how it performs out on the streets, once introduced in the international markets.