- 10 hrs ago New Kia Sonet SUV Modified Tastefully In Bangalore: Here Are All The Customisations Made
- 12 hrs ago Eeve Xeniaa Long-Term Review (First Report): Initial Impressions On The Eco-Friendly City Commuter
- 13 hrs ago Kia Sonet Bookings Cross 50,000 Units Milestone Mark: New Achievement By Hyundai Venue Rival
- 14 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio Sting Trademarked In India: New Name For Next-Gen SUV
- Sports Royal Challengers Bangalore bowled well, says Kolkata Knight Riders captain Eoin Morgan
- Education MP Board 12th Supplementary Result 2020 Declared, Check MPBSE 12th Result Link
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 October 21 Highlights: Shehzad Deol Gets Eliminated, Toofani Seniors Exit The Show
- News INS Kavaratti: The silent submarine killer in the seas, to be commissioned into Navy today
- Finance Domestic Air Travel Picks Up Amid Festivities; Delhi-Mumbai Spot Fare Rs. 18,000
- Lifestyle Diabetes In Men: Early Signs And Symptoms To Look Out For
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In November
- Technology Vi Offering Double Data Benefits With Prepaid Plans
Since our natural resources, petrol and diesel, are getting scarce and expensive day by day, manufacturers are focusing more on getting new Electric Vehicles (EV) in the Indian market. It is also being said that electric vehicles will become the future of mobility. New manufacturers are entering the market and trying to capture their space by introducing the best products.
However, a new electric two-wheeler startup called 'Simple Energy' has entered the two-wheeler EV space and are boasting about their new electric scooter, the Mark 2. Simple Energy has invested Rs 1.3 crore in the project and will be raising 1 million dollars by next month.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the company has decided to launch its new offering within the first quarter of 2021. The company shall start its production by June - July 2021 with a capacity of 50,000 units at its manufacturing plant in Yelahanka, Bangalore.
This company has been founded by 24-year old Suhas Rajkumar. The Mark 2 will be sold via the company's website and online platforms like Amazon, Flipkart, etc. The company has also said that it will start operations with four experience centres in each major city and two in smaller cities. Simple Energy will also have exclusive dealerships for service centres in the near future.
Now coming back to the electric scooter, the Mark 2, at first glance, the scooter appears to feature a very modern design language. The manufacturer is claiming a top speed of 103km/h and a battery range of more than 280kms, which has never been seen in the market earlier. The Mark 2 will be equipped with a removable li-ion lightweight battery that can be charged in 40 minutes at home and 17 minutes at a charging station through a fast charger.
As we mentioned above, the Mark 2 will be capable of touching triple-digit speeds and can sprint from 0 to 50km/h in just 3.1 seconds, now that's quick. It will also get a seven-inch touch display IP67 rating with 4G connectivity, also, 80-90 per cent of the product is made and developed in India.
Thoughts About The Electric Scooter By Simple Energy
If the figures that the company is claiming are true, then the Mark 2 will be an excellent product and will definitely find a lot of buyers. However, we expect Simple Energy to price the Mark 2 between the Rs 1.1 to Rs 1.25 lakh mark (ex-showroom).