- 14 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- 14 hrs ago Honda Cars India Introduce Virtual Showrooms: New Car Purchase From Comfort of Home
- 15 hrs ago Tata Tiago Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 17 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing In Delhi Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- News COVID-19 vaccine: J & J begins Phase-3 trials
- Education CISCE Compartment Time Table 2020 Released For ICSE And ISC Exams
- Sports Suarez joins Atletico: Thirteen trophies, 283 games and 198 goals – forward's Barca career in numbers
- Technology Best 9 Hours Battery Backup Laptops To Buy In India Under Rs. 40,000
- Movies NCB Summons TV Couple Sanam Johar & Abigail Pande; Raids Their Juhu Residence
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Janhvi Kapoor Unveils The Elegant Veil Look In Manish Malhotra’s Couture Movie
- Finance 3 Tips To Earn Higher Interest On Fixed Deposits
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
Detel has launched a new electric scooter called the Easy in the Indian market. The electric moped is available in a single variant and retails at Rs 19,999 (plus the GST). The Easy e-scooter is primarily aimed at last-mile connectivity and fleet operators.
The Detel easy is available in three colour options: Jet Black, Pearl White and Metallic Red. It is among the most affordable electric scooter to launch in the country. Customers can purchase the scooter online via the brand's official website or b2badda.com partner site as well.
Further to enhance the purchase and ownership experience, the company has partnered with Bajaj Finserv to provide EMI finance schemes to its customers. The most affordable e-scooter becomes easier to own with finance schemes, which will make for easy EV adaption.
Speaking about the scooter itself, the newly launched Detel Easy e-scooter features a utilitarian design to help with load carrying. This includes a basket at the front, a raised rider seat, a flat pillion seat and a backrest as well.
The flat seat can also take in luggage and box to help delivery executives and fleet operators. It also features LED lighting on the entire scooter along with a fully-digital instrument console. It provides a clear indication of the charge left in the scooter.
Moving to the electric powertrain of the scooter, it features a 250W hub-mounted electric motor. It comes paired to a 48V 12AH LiFePO4 battery. According to the company, the Easy scooter features a range of 60 kilometres from a single charge. The battery takes between 7 and 8 hours for a full charge.
The scooter can accelerate to a top speed of 25 km per hour. As a result, customers don't need to own a driving license or vehicle registration to use the Detel Easy scooter. Additionally, if the scooter runs out of charge it also features a pedal system connected to the rear wheel using a chain drive as well.
The scooter features a telescopic fork at the front and twin shock absorbers at the rear. Braking is done via drum brakes at both ends. The company is also offering a free helmet to ensure the safety of the riders.
Yogesh Bhatia, Founder & CEO, Detel says, "We are extremely happy to announce the launch of our World's Most Economical DetelEV Two-Wheeler. The EV industry in India is emerging on account of various factors such as the growing awareness toward the environment, increasing petrol prices, and stringent emission norms, etc."
He further added, "This addition in our portfolio will be our first step in our endeavour of reducing vehicular pollution in the cities and increase the penetration of EV as intended by the people and various state governments."
Thoughts About The Detel Easy Electric Moped Launched In India
Electric scooters catering to last-mile connectivity to travel short distance are becoming increasingly popular in the country. The Detel Easy cater to the same market and rival the recently launched Gemopai Miso and the Techo Electra Saathi. Its rivals are placed higher above the price bracket giving the Detel Easy a significant advantage.