- 1 hr ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- 2 hrs ago Ather 450X Collector’s Edition E-Scooter Unveiled: A Special-Edition 450X For The Enthusiasts!
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Motorcycles To Launch A New Product In India: Could It Be Connected Technology?
- 19 hrs ago Volkswagen Updates Pre-Owned Cars Centers In India: Here Are All Details
- Sports Sorry Chennai Super Kings fans! Suresh Raina is not coming back, clarifies CSK CEO
- Finance 5 Factors That Could Keep Market Volatile Next Week
- News Centre says MSP procurement of kharif paddy begins immediately in Punjab, Haryana
- Movies Gandii Baat 5: Lakshya Roped In For Madhosh Madan; Actor Says Show Doesn’t Just Focus On Bold Scenes
- Technology Oppo A33 Bags NBTC Certification; Hints Imminent Launch
- Lifestyle Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
On the Stage 9 of the Dakar 2020, Pablo Quintanilla riding for Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory team took the victory. He lead Toby Price (Red Bull KTM Factory) by two minutes in the special stage. However, Ricky Brabec still hold the lead in the overall standings after the Stage 9 of Dakar rally.
Ninth rally stage was held between Wadi ad-Dawasir and Haradh. The total race distance was 886 kilometers with 410 kilometers of Special stage. Ninth stage had an equal mix of sandy and soil terrain. However, the stage started with riders tackling the rocky and gravel terrain.
The race resumed after a day spent in remembering the hero and legend Paulo Goncalves. After the unfortunate incident with lead to the death of Hero Factory team rider, the team withdrew from the rest of the Dakar rally.
Sherco TVS Rally team had two riders Adrien Metge and Lorenzo Santolin who were still in contention for the overall standings before the ninth stage of the rally. However, Lorenzo Santolino has retired from the race suffering from pain because of movement while handling the bike. Spanish rider was 16th in the general standings, but because of the pain he has been taken under the wing of the medical team after 350 km.
While, Sherco TVS Rally team had some good news as Indian rally rider Harith Noah who is riding under the Dakar Experience programme, has registered his best ever finish yet. The Indian rider finished the ninth stage of the Dakar 2020 rally in 30th position. He was just 30 minutes behind the stage leader.
Adrien Metge completed Stage 9 of the rally in 19th position. The French rider stands 12th overall after the ninth stage of the Dakar rally. Metge is the only rider who is eligible for the overall standing for Sherco TVS Rally Team, which make his job that much harder.
Sherco TVS Rally Team Standing After Stage 9
12th Position - Adrien Metge
Overall Standings Bike Category After Stage 9
1st Position - Ricky Brabec (Monster Energy Honda)
2nd Position - Pablo Quintanilla (Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory)
3rd Position - Toby Price (Red Bull KTM Factory)
Thoughts About The 2020 Dakar Stage 9
As we near the end of 2020 Dakar with three more stages to go Sherco TVS Rally team has lost one more rider out of the overall standings. This year's rally has been tough on some and much more on others. We hope Sherco TVS rally team make it to the finish of the 2020 Dakar rally. While, in this mix Harith Noah's ride on Stage 9 becomes a commendable one.