- 2 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- 3 hrs ago New Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan Bookings Open In India: Launch Expected In The Coming Months
- 4 hrs ago Honda Activa 125 BS6 Models Recalled: Company To Replace Cooling Fan Cover And Oil Gauge
- News Kolkata Police steps up vigil as a precautionary measure after Delhi violence
- Technology Oppo Reno 3 Pro Pre-Registrations Goes Live In India Ahead Of Launch
- Movies Nayanthara's Remuneration For Annaatthe: Has The Actress Slashed Her Fee For Rajinikanth Starrer?
- Lifestyle 8 Signs There's No Emotional Intimacy In Your Relationship
- Finance Sitharaman Says This About Rs. 2000 Currency Notes
- Sports Revealed: Main-event caliber plans in-store for John Cena upon WWE return
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
On the Twelfth and the final stage of the 2020 Dakar rally, José Ignacio Cornejo (Monster Energy Honda) took the victory. Ricky Brabec also riding for Monster Energy Honda wins the 2020 Dakar rally and becomes the first American to win the Dakar since its inception.
Brabec finished second on Stage 12 of the Dakar rally behind his teammate. The American rider won the 2020 Dakar rally by a margin of 16 minutes. While, Pablo Quintanilla riding for Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory team and Toby Price riding for Red Bull KTM Factory team finished the really in 2nd and 3rd place, respectively.
Ricky Brabec gave a scintillating performance on Stage 3 posting a massive lead in timings. After which the American rider was hard to catch and performed consistently to win the race.
Twelfth and the final rally stage was held between Haradh and Qiddiya. The total race distance was 447 kilometres with 167 kilometres of Special stage. The special stage was reduced because of construction works at an oil facility near the course. This meant riders had very less distance to make a difference to challenge the race leader.
Laia Sainz has finished 25th in Stage 12 of the rally. She leads the women riders taking part in the rally and has finished in 18th position overall for Gas Gas Factory rally team.
Adrien Metge riding for Sherco TVS Rally team was the only rider left after Stage 9 of the rally. However, the French rider has shown some exceptional consistency and finished the final stage of Dakar rally in 7th position. Adrien Metge has got the Sherco TVS Rally team home in 12th position overall.
Harith Noah who is riding for the Sherco TVS rally team performed exceptionally well in the last few stages of the Dakar rally. The young Indian rally rider has finished 27th in the final stage of this year's Dakar rally.
The two time Formula 1 world champion Fernando Alonso, who is taking part in his first Dakar rally completed Stage 12 in fourth place. The Spaniard competing for Toyota Gazoo Racing has finished 13th overall in his first Dakar rally.
Sherco TVS Rally Team Final Overall Standings
12th Position - Adrien Metge
Final Overall Standings Bike Category
1st Position - Ricky Brabec (Monster Energy Honda)
2nd Position - Pablo Quintanilla (Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory)
3rd Position - Toby Price (Red Bull KTM Factory)
Thoughts About The 2020 Dakar Final Stage
As the rally ended, this year's Dakar was nothing short of an exciting and difficult race compared to previous editions. Reaching the Start and End of the rally is an achievement by itself. Ricky Brabec has made won the rally which would go into the history books. Harith Noah looks to be in top shape, we will see him competing in overall standings next time.