- 1 hr ago MG Will Showcase A Total Of 14 Models At The 2020 Auto Expo: Future Of Mobility
- 4 hrs ago TVS Apache RR310 BS6 Is Expected To Launch On 25th Of January
- 6 hrs ago Dakar 2020 Stage 12 Highlights: Ricky Brabec Wins The Rally
- 6 hrs ago Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 Snapped Undisguised: India Launch Expected In The Coming Days
- Movies It’s Working Birthday For Nakuul Mehta; Wife Jankee, Friends Drashti Dhami & Ravi Dubey Wish Actor
- Technology Poco F1 Gets Up To Rs. 10,000 Discount During Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020
- Sports Khelo India Youth Games 2020: Maharashtra, Karnataka Kho Kho teams dominate on Day 3
- News China defends raising Kashmir issue at UNSC to de-escalate India-Pakistan tensions
- Finance Reliance Announces Q3 Results; Net Profit Climbs 13%
- Lifestyle 10 Effective Natural Remedies For Treating Ear Pimples
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
On Stage 10 of the Dakar rally, Joan Barreda (Monster Energy Honda) takes victory as the stage gets neutralized. The Spaniard has a great start this morning and managed a comfortable lead over his rivals. Ricky Brabec who is leading the race overall, has finished second. While, Kevin Benavides has finished 3rd behind his team mates Barreda and Brabec, making it 1-2-3 for Honda on Stage 9.
Tenth stage of the Dakar rally was held between Haradh and Shubaytah. The total race distance was 608 kilometers with 534 kilometers of Special stage. Stage 10 had one of the longest special stages of the entire rally. Today's special stage had a decent amount of tarmac as well.
However, Stage 10 of the rally was discontinued because of weather conditions. With 345 kilometer into the stage, organizers neutralized the stage due to strong winds. The decision was taken considering the safety of riders and possibility of medical recovery in case of any accidents.
While, the stage got neutralized many riders retired from the rally. One among them was Javier Gomez who had a crash 60 kilometers into the special stage. He had fractured his femur and was transported by medical team to the hospital.
Ricky Brabec the race leader has increased his lead from Pablo Quintanilla by 5 minutes. Having opened the stage this morning, Quintanilla had to create the tracks which is a difficult task. This has cost the Chile rider some time, which did not help in the general standings. Ricky Brabec now has a 25 minute lead over his rivals.
Sherco TVS Rally Team continue the rally with only Adrien Metge eligible for the overall standings. The French rider maintains composure and finished the tenth stage of the rally in 27th position. Adrien Metge ranks 12th overall and has a huge task ahead. However, he has been consistent and composed so far in the rally, which is something that Sherco TVS Rally team needs at this stage of the Dakar rally.
While, our Indian rally rider Harith Noah has managed yet another 30th place finish on Stage 10 of the Dakar rally. The Indian rider has yet again finished the stage 30 minutes behind the leader. Harith Noah is showcasing some exceptional racing towards the end of 2020 Dakar rally.
Sherco TVS Rally Team Standing After Stage 10
12th Position - Adrien Metge
Overall Standings Bike Category After Stage 10
1st Position - Ricky Brabec (Monster Energy Honda)
2nd Position - Pablo Quintanilla (Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory)
3rd Position - Joan Barreda (Monster Energy Honda)
Thoughts About The 2020 Dakar Stage 10
With only two stages left for the 2020 Dakar, it is getting tough. While some riders have retired for different technical and medical reasons, many are determined to see their competition number through to the finish. Ricky Brabec has comfortable cushion over his rivals and the Honda rider is consistent as well. While we all wonder where would Harith Noah be if not for his retirement in Stage 3? He is performing exceptionally well. Adrien Metge is looking strong to finish for Sherco TVS Rally Team in this year's Dakar rally.