- 5 hrs ago Tata Motors Deliver 100 Safari SUVs On A Single Day In Delhi-NCR: Here Are All The Details!
- 7 hrs ago 2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan Review: Do The Changes Justify The Price Upgrade?
- 8 hrs ago New Bajaj Platina 100 ES (Electric Start) Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 53,920
- 11 hrs ago 2021 TVS Star City+ Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 68,465
- News Will tour poll-bound states, ask people to defeat BJP: Farmers
- Sports Olympic Council of Asia and AESF introduces the ‘Road to Asian Games’ Campaign for 2022 Asian Games
- Lifestyle Covishield Vs Covaxin: Everything You Need To Know And List Of Vaccination Centres In Major Cities In India
- Movies Happy Birthday Daniel Craig: Here’s A Look At 5 Of His Iconic Roles That Left Us In Awe Of His Charisma
- Education MPSC State Service Admit Card 2021 For Prelims Released
- Technology Realme 8 Pro Confirmed To Pack 108MP Camera: All You Need To Know
- Finance Spectrum Auction: Airtel To Deliver 5G Services In Future
- Travel 10 Best Family-Friendly Destinations To Visit In India In March
On Stage 10 of the Dakar rally, Joan Barreda (Monster Energy Honda) takes victory as the stage gets neutralized. The Spaniard has a great start this morning and managed a comfortable lead over his rivals. Ricky Brabec who is leading the race overall, has finished second. While, Kevin Benavides has finished 3rd behind his team mates Barreda and Brabec, making it 1-2-3 for Honda on Stage 9.
Tenth stage of the Dakar rally was held between Haradh and Shubaytah. The total race distance was 608 kilometers with 534 kilometers of Special stage. Stage 10 had one of the longest special stages of the entire rally. Today's special stage had a decent amount of tarmac as well.
However, Stage 10 of the rally was discontinued because of weather conditions. With 345 kilometer into the stage, organizers neutralized the stage due to strong winds. The decision was taken considering the safety of riders and possibility of medical recovery in case of any accidents.
While, the stage got neutralized many riders retired from the rally. One among them was Javier Gomez who had a crash 60 kilometers into the special stage. He had fractured his femur and was transported by medical team to the hospital.
Ricky Brabec the race leader has increased his lead from Pablo Quintanilla by 5 minutes. Having opened the stage this morning, Quintanilla had to create the tracks which is a difficult task. This has cost the Chile rider some time, which did not help in the general standings. Ricky Brabec now has a 25 minute lead over his rivals.
Sherco TVS Rally Team continue the rally with only Adrien Metge eligible for the overall standings. The French rider maintains composure and finished the tenth stage of the rally in 27th position. Adrien Metge ranks 12th overall and has a huge task ahead. However, he has been consistent and composed so far in the rally, which is something that Sherco TVS Rally team needs at this stage of the Dakar rally.
While, our Indian rally rider Harith Noah has managed yet another 30th place finish on Stage 10 of the Dakar rally. The Indian rider has yet again finished the stage 30 minutes behind the leader. Harith Noah is showcasing some exceptional racing towards the end of 2020 Dakar rally.
12th Position - Adrien Metge
1st Position - Ricky Brabec (Monster Energy Honda)
2nd Position - Pablo Quintanilla (Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory)
3rd Position - Joan Barreda (Monster Energy Honda)
Thoughts About The 2020 Dakar Stage 10
With only two stages left for the 2020 Dakar, it is getting tough. While some riders have retired for different technical and medical reasons, many are determined to see their competition number through to the finish. Ricky Brabec has comfortable cushion over his rivals and the Honda rider is consistent as well. While we all wonder where would Harith Noah be if not for his retirement in Stage 3? He is performing exceptionally well. Adrien Metge is looking strong to finish for Sherco TVS Rally Team in this year's Dakar rally.