- 2 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Concept SUV Unveiled: India-Bound Compact-SUV To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 3 hrs ago Mercedes Unveils The AMG GT Black Series: Details & Specifications
- 3 hrs ago Tata Harrier To Receive Two New Variants XTA & XT+ Soon: Here Are All Details
- 4 hrs ago Maserati Unveils The Ghibli Hybrid Sedan: Plans To Expand Its Dealership Network In India
- News COVID-19: Four-member Central team to visit Gujarat on Friday
- Sports Kudus to Ajax – Dutch champions win race for highly rated Nordsjaelland talent
- Movies Dilip Joshi Shares His Experience Of Resuming Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’s Shoot Amid COVID-19
- Technology Poco M2 Pro Slated To Go On Sale Again On July 30 In India: Price And Specifications
- Finance International Flights To US, France To Resume This Month Through 'Air Bubbles'
- Lifestyle What Is Sodium Caseinate? Its Uses, Side Effects And Ways To Eat
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
BMW Motorrad has just unveiled the production-spec version of its latest cruiser motorcycle offering, the R 18. The all-new BMW R 18 cruiser from the German brand has been in the works for a long time, with its concept version showcased last year.
The new production-spec version of the new BMW R 18 cruiser clearly borrows its design inspiration from the brand's classic R5 model. The BMW R 18 cruiser features the same retro-modern design with the large tear-drop fuel tank, however, features all the modern technology; along with the latest 1800cc boxer engine.
The new BMW R 18 Cruiser is offered in a range of two variants: Standard & First Edition. The special ‘First Edition' variant will feature a host of exclusive touches, reminiscent of the R5 classic. This includes the pin-striping, historical tank emblem, leather belt, slotted screws and gloves; all of which give it the ‘old-school' charm.
The BMW R 18 Cruiser comes with a wheelbase of 1,731mm, making it a large motorcycle. In comparison, the new cruiser from BMW is longer than the Honda Gold Wing. The R 18 weighs in at 345kg, making it 23kg heavier than its rival, the Harley-Davidson Fat Boy.
Apart from the retro-themed visuals of the BMW R 18, everything else is modern. This includes the long list of electronics available on the motorcycle. Some of the most important features on offer include three riding modes, Automatic Stability Control, Motor Slip Regulation, Traction Control and ABS.
The BMW R 18 also comes with LED lighting all around, including the headlamps, taillights, DRLs and turn indicators. The motorcycle features a large analogue instrument cluster with a small digital display.
Finally coming to the heart of the matter, the BMW R 18 is powered by a 1802cc boxer engine. It produces 91bhp at 4,750rpm and 149Nm of torque between 2000 to 4000rpm. The engine is mated to a six-speed transmission, with an optional electric motor driven reverse gear. Also, inspired by the R5 classic, the new BMW R 18 cruiser also comes with an exposed shaft drive.
Thoughts On The BMW R 18 Cruiser Motorcycle
The BMW R 18 is a full-blown heavyweight cruiser offering from the German brand. BMW Motorrad currently has no plans of bringing the motorcycle to the Indian market. However, if it does come to India, the motorcycle will be introduced as a CBU and in limited numbers.