- 5 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Street 750 Prices Reduced: Becomes More Affordable
- 6 hrs ago New Ford Freestyle 'Flair' Variant Spied At Dealership Yard: Launch Expected Soon
- 6 hrs ago Renault Car Discounts Around Independence Day: Here Are All The Benefits & Offers Available
- 7 hrs ago Ford Increases The Price Of The BS6 Endeavour For The Indian Market: Details & Specifications
- Movies Naseeruddin Shah Starrer Mee Raqsam Trailer Brings To Fore The Father-Daughter Emotional Bond
- Sports England Vs Pakistan, 1st Test, Day 3, Highlights: Ben Stokes strikes late to give hosts fresh hopes
- News In Pics: Rescue operations at Air India Express crash site end; 17 dead
- Technology Netflix User Interface Now Available In Hindi: Here's How To Avail
- Lifestyle Urvashi Rautela Or Janhvi Kapoor, Who Looked Stunning In Their Purple Sequin Saree?
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Finance Delhi Govt Announces Electric Vehicle Policy With Upto Rs 1.5 Lakh Incentive
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Bajaj Auto appears to be planning to launch a disc brake variant of its highly successful commuter model, the Bajaj Platina 100. While there is no official statement from the company, industry speculation is that the motorcycle will be launched soon, and will be priced at Rs 59,373.
The model is currently available in two variants - the Bajaj Platina KS and the Platina ES. The Kick Start variant is priced at RS 49,261, and the Electric Start variant is priced at Rs 55,546. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom.
The Bajaj Platina models feature a 102cc BS6 compliant engine that produces 7.7bhp and 8.34Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a four-speed manual transmission.
Should Bajaj launch a disc brake variant, the new Platina 100 ES Disc Brake model will be only Rs 3,827 more expensive than the ES drum brake variant, and Rs 10,112 more expensive than the Platina KS models. The new motorcycle will become the top-of-the-line trim in Bajaj's Platina range of motorcycles.
Interestingly, the Bajaj Platina ES Disc Brake model is only Rs 3,526 cheaper than the Platina 110 H-Gear that features a more powerful, 115.5cc engine that produces 8.3bhp and 9.81Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed gearbox.
Priced at Rs 62,899, ex-showroom, the Bajaj Platina H-Gear also features a semi-digital instrument cluster, a gear position indicator, and disc brake at the front, making it a more appealing motorcycle than the Platina ES Disc Brake model.
In Bajaj related news, the brand's Workers' Union has demanded that the Wajul production facility be temporarily closed after 250 employees have tested positive for Covid-19.
The brand however says that they are aiming to ‘live with the virus' and that the production cannot be suspended. The company also issued a statement saying that employees that did not show up to work would not get paid. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The Bajaj Platina 100 ES Disc Brake Variant
While one has to wait for the company to make an official statement about a launch, it may not be a great move. The brand already offers a more powerful Platina model that features a disc brake, effectively negating the need to launch an ES Disc Brake model. Stay tuned, we'll bring you more updates as soon as they are available.