- 1 day ago Kawasaki Launches The Ninja ZX-25R In Indonesia: Details & Specifications
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Polo & Vento TSI Limited-Edition Models Removed From The Company Website
- 1 day ago KTM RC 200 Modified With Parts From Autologue Design: Wrapped By Zed One
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Launches Car Safety Accessories: Air Purifiers, Separation Films And More
- Finance 5 Reasons Why NPS Is A Must-Have Investment In Your Retirement Portfolio
- Technology Upcoming Samsung Rumored Smartphones Expected To Launch
- Movies Independence Day 2020: 6 Web Series That Will Rekindle Your Passion For India
- Sports England vs West Indies, 1st Test: Holder lauds Gabriel and Blackwood after Windies take series lead
- News Rajasthan crisis: 75 MLAs attended CM Gehlot's meeting
- Lifestyle Radhe Shyam Actress Pooja Hegde Sure Knows How To Make A Yellow Splash With Her Outfits
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Pune based auto manufacturer, Bajaj Auto Limited, has announced that two of their employees from their Aurangabad facility who had tested positive for Covid-19 have succumbed to the virus.
The brand said that both the employees had underlying conditions of hypertension and diabetes, and that an additional 140 employees have tested positive for the virus at the facility.
Bajaj however, dismissed reports that the Waluj facility at Aurangabad has been shut down in light of these developments.
Mr Ravi Kyran Ramaswamy, the Chief Human Resources Officer at Bajaj Auto Limited said, "We have more than 8100 employees and contractors employed in our Waluj plant."
"Our current incidence of 140 cases of COVID is less than 2 percent of our strength. Two of our infected employees with underlying conditions of hypertension and diabetes have unfortunately succumbed to the infection," he added.
The company resumed operations at its Aurangabad facility on 22 April with a limited number of employees, and said that reports of temporarily halting operations because of the new Covid-19 cases was incorrect.
A statement released by the brand said, "It has come to our attention that there are reports circulating that Bajaj Auto's manufacturing facility at Waluj in Maharashtra has shut down due to incidence of COVID-19 amongst some employees there. At the outset we want to clarify that our manufacturing facility at Waluj is functioning normally."
Bajaj also said that they have mandated cleanliness and health check protocols that comply with all government regulations and guidelines. The mandates have been reviewed and approved by appropriate authorities and adherence is strictly monitored by the company's in-house health and security staff.
Bajaj Auto is taking all necessary precautions, and is in the process of testing, contact tracing, self-isolation and sanitisation of the plant premises.
The company said it would continue to offer all support including medical assistance to infected staff. Bajaj also said it would keep its facilities functional because the only alternative they have is to shut down production with a ‘no work no pay' system that will have major consequences for employees and supply chains.
Thoughts About Two Employees Testing Positive For Covid-19 And Bajaj Keeping Its Facility Open
Bajaj seems to be the worst affected auto manufacturers. While others have reported up to 17 positive Covid-19 cases, 140 is an outrageous number of cases to be dealing with. Should this become the trend, one can expect another lockdown. We hope it doesn't come to that.