- 1 day ago 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- 1 day ago Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
- 1 day ago Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- 1 day ago 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
- News Trump’s Marine One, mammoth SUV arrives in Ahmedabad
- Technology Best In-Display Fingerprint Sensor Smartphones To Buy In India Starting From Rs. 9,999
- Movies Box Office Collection Report: Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan VS Bhoot Part One: The Haunted Ship
- Sports FIH Hockey Pro League: Fighting India go down to Australia
- Lifestyle 10 Dangerous Habits That May Cause Cancer
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Finance Gold Hits 7-Year High As Caronavirus Fears Persist
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Bajaj Auto India is all set to introduce its first all-electric scooter in the Indian market, with the Chetak. The Bajaj Chetak electric has been confirmed to go on sale in the Indian market from the 14th of January 2020.
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter will be launched in a phase-wise manner. It will initially be available in just five cities, before expanding across other parts of the country. These five cities include Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai.
According to the company, bookings for the all-electric Bajaj Chetak will begin in the coming days. Deliveries of the scooter will initially start in Pune and Bangalore only; before being made available in the remaining three cities mentioned above. Bajaj had also confirmed previously that the Chetak electric scooter will be available exclusively across all KTM dealerships.
The company unveiled the electric Chetak in the Indian market, during the latter part of 2019. The Bajaj Chetak electric is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 1.10 lakh, on-road. This will put it in direct contention with the likes of the Ather 450 in the EV segment — as well as the recently announced Ather 450X.
In terms of specifications, the Bajaj is yet to announce the exact details of the battery packs and electric motor used on the Chetak electric. However, they did announce that the electric scooter will come with an IP-67 certified lithium-ion battery, offering a max range of around 75km on a single charge.
In terms of styling, the Bajaj Chetak electric will feature a retro-theme combined with modern features and equipment. This includes LED lighting for the headlamps and taillights, digital instrument cluster, feather-touch activated switches, LED DRLs, chrome surrounds for the headlamps and a host of premium finishes as well.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Chetak Electric India Launch
Bajaj's first electric scooter brings back the ‘Chetak' nameplate to the Indian market. The Bajaj Chetak electric combines both the old-school retro charm with modern design and features, making it an extremely attractive offering. We can't wait to see how the new Chetak EV is to ride!