- 3 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 8 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- 10 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Is All Set To Make Its Comeback: Expected Launch In Two Models
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Hyderabad FC vs Odisha FC: Odisha fightback to script exciting draw against Hyderabad
- Movies Bigg Boss 14: Eijaz Khan Reveals An Endearing Video Post His Exit; Says He Wishes To Return To The Show
- News Joe Biden to attend Mass with congressional leaders
- Lifestyle Bandhej Or Brocade, Which Stylish Outfit Of Mira Rajput Kapoor Is More Awesome?
- Finance 6 Things To Check In Your Credit Card Statement
- Education SBI PO Mains Admit Card 2021 Released
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Bajaj introduced the Chetak electric scooter in the Indian market, earlier this year. The Bajaj Chetak is the brand's first-ever fully-electric scooter offering and is offered with a price tag of Rs 1.15 lakh, ex-showroom (Pune).
Now, almost a year later the company has announced that the Bajaj Chetak electric scooter sales have crossed the 1000 unit mark. The scooter is currently available only in Pune and Bangalore, with its pan-India launch being disrupted amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown.
The sales of the electric scooter took a major hit, similar to all other vehicle sales during the months of April to June. However, post the lockdown, sales have managed to pick up steadily, with the Chetak e-scooter registering a consistent volume month-on-month.
To reiterate, the Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is offered in two variants: Urbane & Premium. Both variants of the electric scooter come powered by a 3kWh lithium-ion battery paired with a 4kW electric motor. This electric powertrain will offer the scooter a maximum range of 90km and a top speed of 80km/h. The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter takes around 4 hours with a full charge.
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter also comes with a host of features and technology as well. This includes LED headlamps with LED DRLs, LED tail lights, a fully-digital instrument cluster, disc brakes with ABS, regenerative braking with reverse assist and a bunch of others as well.
The Bajaj Chetak Urbane variant is offered with a choice of two colours: Citrus Rush and Cyber White. The top-spec ‘Premium' trim, on the other hand, is offered in five different paint schemes. These include Citrus Rush, Hazelnut, Brooklyn Black, Velluto Rosso and Indigo Metallic.
The vibrant colour scheme is offered with a rather retro-classic design, featuring minimalistic design and graphics. The side and rear profile comes with simple lines and creases, reminiscent of the iconic Chetak scooter, discontinued 14-year back.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Sales
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is the brand's first-ever fully-electric offering in the Indian market. The Chetak is positioned in the premium e-scooter segment, rivalling the likes of the Ather 450X and the TVS iQube.