- 56 min ago New Royal Enfield Classic (2021) Spied Testing Again Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 1 hr ago Komaki High-Speed Electric Two-Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 96,000
- 15 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Teased On Website Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exports Begin In India: First Batch SUVs Shipped Overseas
- News UN chief Antonio Guterres welcomes positive steps announced by Biden administration on migration
- Finance Union Budget 2021: No Personal Income Tax Tweak Likely
- Movies Neha Marda On Long-Distance Relationship With Hubby Aayushman: I Always Chase To Meet Him
- Technology Nokia 1.4 Full Spec-Sheet Leaked Online; Dual Cameras, 4,000mAh Battery In Tow
- Sports MS Dhoni comparisons amazing but Rishabh Pant wants a name for himself in Indian cricket
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Makes Our Day Bright And Happy By Treating Us With Her Colourful Look In A Pretty Co-ord Set
- Education RRB NTPC Phase 3 Exam Date 2021 And Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In January 2021
Bajaj introduced the Chetak electric scooter in the Indian market, earlier this year. The Bajaj Chetak is the brand's first-ever fully-electric scooter offering and is offered with a price tag of Rs 1.15 lakh, ex-showroom (Pune).
Now, almost a year later the company has announced that the Bajaj Chetak electric scooter sales have crossed the 1000 unit mark. The scooter is currently available only in Pune and Bangalore, with its pan-India launch being disrupted amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown.
The sales of the electric scooter took a major hit, similar to all other vehicle sales during the months of April to June. However, post the lockdown, sales have managed to pick up steadily, with the Chetak e-scooter registering a consistent volume month-on-month.
To reiterate, the Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is offered in two variants: Urbane & Premium. Both variants of the electric scooter come powered by a 3kWh lithium-ion battery paired with a 4kW electric motor. This electric powertrain will offer the scooter a maximum range of 90km and a top speed of 80km/h. The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter takes around 4 hours with a full charge.
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter also comes with a host of features and technology as well. This includes LED headlamps with LED DRLs, LED tail lights, a fully-digital instrument cluster, disc brakes with ABS, regenerative braking with reverse assist and a bunch of others as well.
The Bajaj Chetak Urbane variant is offered with a choice of two colours: Citrus Rush and Cyber White. The top-spec ‘Premium' trim, on the other hand, is offered in five different paint schemes. These include Citrus Rush, Hazelnut, Brooklyn Black, Velluto Rosso and Indigo Metallic.
The vibrant colour scheme is offered with a rather retro-classic design, featuring minimalistic design and graphics. The side and rear profile comes with simple lines and creases, reminiscent of the iconic Chetak scooter, discontinued 14-year back.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Sales
The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is the brand's first-ever fully-electric offering in the Indian market. The Chetak is positioned in the premium e-scooter segment, rivalling the likes of the Ather 450X and the TVS iQube.