- 12 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 14 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 15 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Starlink Coming To India Soon: Available For Pre-Order For $99
- News FCI Recruitment 2021: Now apply for AGM, Medical officer posts by March 31
- Movies Thalapathy 65: Sivakarthikeyan To Join The Vijay-Nelson Dilip Kumar Project?
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Bajaj Auto has filed for intellectual property rights for the heritage brand Excelsior-Henderson in the Indian market. The patent that has been filed in India has been classified under the Nice Classification 12, which is used for Vehicles, Motorcars and Motorcycles. By doing this we feel that Bajaj has plans to revive the American cruiser motorcycle brand in the Indian market.
A little history about the heritage brand, since its inception in 1870 the company made bicycles and bicycle parts and they did that for the next 30 years. Then in 1905, the Heritage brand ventured into the motorcycling business under the Excelsior brand.
Then in the 1920s, the company manufactured two motorcycles, a V-Twin Excelsior and a 4 cylinder Henderson. But sadly Excelsior-Henderson shut down 1931. After a good long wait, the brand was again revived in the 90s by Hanlon Manufacturing Company. Now the company wanted to design and manufacture American cruising motorcycles. The company's first model was the Super X, which was introduced in 1998. The Super X was put into production the very next year.
In other recent Bajaj news, the company has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Maharashtra government, towards setting up a new manufacturing facility in the state. The new production facility will be set up in Chakan, with an initial investment of Rs 650 crore from the two-wheeler brand.
The new production facility is said to start vehicle production from 2023. It will manufacture high-end motorcycles for KTM, Husqvarna and Triumph. The new facility will further be used for the production of electric vehicles as well, which currently consists of only the Chetak.
Thoughts About Bajaj Launching The Excelsior-Henderson Motorcycles In India
The Excelsior-Henderson was a classic motorcycle and Bajaj Auto by introducing the brand in the Indian market will be doing a great thing. We definitely expect the American cruiser to get a lot of traction in the Indian market once it's launched.