- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooters Pan India Launch Delayed Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
- 2 hrs ago Coronavirus Lockdown: Ola Lays Off 1,400 Employees As Part Of Major Downsizing Operation
- 4 hrs ago 2020 Datsun RediGO Facelift Variants, Features & Other Details Revealed: Unofficial Bookings Begin
- 5 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooters With Smart Connectivity To Be Introduced In India: Acquires Etergo BV
- News Karnataka bans air, train and road movement from five states
- Technology OnePlus 8 Series Limited Edition Sale Set For May 29, Open Sale Delayed
- Lifestyle What Is Menstrual Hygiene Management And How To Dispose Of Menstrual Waste Effectively?
- Movies Sara Khan Hates The Fact That People Keep Talking About Her Past;Wants Them To Remember Her For Work
- Sports India bowling coach Bharat Arun favours use of external substance to shine the ball
- Finance How To Book Slots On Kerala's Liquor Delivery App 'BevQ'?
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Pune based two and three wheeler manufacturer, Bajaj Auto, has announced an extension of free service and warranty periods for both two wheelers and for commercial vehicles. The decision comes in light of the 21 day nation wide lock down that was announced to combat the Covid-19 pandemic.
Bajaj Auto announced that the Original Equipment free service and warranty period of all two wheelers expiring between 20 March and 30 April will be extended until 31 May.
The company also said that any three wheeler and Bajaj Qute models that have free services and warranty until 30 April this year, will get a two month extension, until 30 June. This is applicable to the company's entire commercial vehicle range.
Mr Rakesh Sharma, Head of the Motorcycles Division at Bajaj Auto Ltd. said, "In view of the current situation of a mandated lock down owing to COVID-19, Bajaj Auto has decided to extend its service and warranty period of all our vehicles."
"While social distancing in such troubled times is our collective responsibility, we wanted to ensure that our customers do not face any hurdles as they will not be able to avail our services for the interim period," he added.
In related news, Rajiv Bajaj, the Managing Director at Bajaj Auto voiced his disagreement with the plea for an extension for sales of BS4 compliant vehicles. His argument is that the Covid-19 situation cannot be a reason for an extension as it undermines the efforts of those who have complied with the law.
He added that it was the Management's job to have planned for a contingency, and companies must reimburse dealers for redundant BS4 stocks on 1 April. He also pointed out the manufacturers were still sending BS4 stocks to dealers up to a week before the deadline. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About Bajaj Auto Extending Free Service And Warranty Periods For Two Wheelers And Commercial Vehicles
It is good to see manufacturers doing all they can to make customer's lives easier during this lock down and the subsequent financial recession that is bound to follow. The Auto Industry is doing all it can to help the government, and its customers, and rightly so as people need all the support they can possible get.