- 14 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- 15 hrs ago Honda Cars India Introduce Virtual Showrooms: New Car Purchase From Comfort of Home
- 16 hrs ago Tata Tiago Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 18 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing In Delhi Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Technology Vivo Watch Announced With Blood Oxygen Sensor, Up To 18-Day Battery Life And More
- News Indian are allowed to travel to these 14 destinations across the world amid COVID-19
- Education CISCE Compartment Time Table 2020 Released For ICSE And ISC Exams
- Sports Suarez joins Atletico: Thirteen trophies, 283 games and 198 goals – forward's Barca career in numbers
- Movies NCB Summons TV Couple Sanam Johar & Abigail Pande; Raids Their Juhu Residence
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Janhvi Kapoor Unveils The Elegant Veil Look In Manish Malhotra’s Couture Movie
- Finance 3 Tips To Earn Higher Interest On Fixed Deposits
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
Bangalore-based electric two-wheeler manufacturer, Ather Energy, has announced that they will begin sales operation in Delhi in coming weeks. The company has made the announcement after Delhi Government introducing the new EV policy.
Mr Tarun Mehta, CEO, Ather Energy, confirmed that the 450X flagship model will be priced Rs 15,000 lower in Delhi as compared to other cities. This is possible due to the new benefits that were announced by the state government recently.
The new policy includes benefits to both manufacturers and EV buyer in Delhi. The new benefits are in addition to the existing ones available via FAME II scheme. The new policy announced by Chief Minister, Arvind Kejriwal aims for faster EV adoption across the state — here are all details.
With the new benefits announced, the government also aims to increase the electric vehicle registration share to 25 per cent of the total vehicle registered by 2024. In comparison, the current figures stand at 0.2 per cent.
Coming back to the Ather Energy, the EV maker had earlier announced that it will be entering new markets across the country. These include cities like Hyderabad, Pune, Delhi and Mumbai; among others.
The company recently raised fresh funding of Rs 84 crores, which has been backed by Hero MotoCorp. The new funding will help the company with its upcoming aggressive expansion plans in the country.
In addition to sales operation getting expanded to other cities, the company plans to set up a new manufacturing facility to meet the rising demand for electric scooters. Ather is opening a new manufacturing facility in Hosur, which is designed to produce 100,000 units annually and is scalable to half a million units.
Along with the phase-wise expansion and increase in production, the company also plans to improve the charging infrastructure by working with the state governments. Ather Energy will also set up Ather Grid fast charging points across the country over the next five years, making public charging easy and accessible to all-electric vehicle owners.
Along with its flagship scooter, the company also announced attractive ways to own an Ather electric scooter. This includes several financing and ownership models, making it more accessible to its customers.
Thoughts About Ather Energy Entering Delhi Market Soon
The new EV policy announced by the state government will make for faster adoption of electric vehicles. This will help reduce pollution level across the state, which has been a major issue for Delhi. Along with the reduced pollution level, it will also help automaker such as Ather Energy to enter the market with a well-priced product.