- 32 min ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 14 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 17 hrs ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- 18 hrs ago Kia Sonet Spotted For The First Time Post It's World Premiere: Pics & Details
- News Defence Minister Rajnath Singh to make important announcement at 10 am
- Technology Dell Mobile Adapter Speakerphone Review: A Good Addition To Your Desk
- Lifestyle 8 Quick Hacks For Foundation That Is Too Dark For You
- Sports Johnson snares lead as Koepka looms large at US PGA Championship
- Movies Sarkaru Vaari Paata Motion Poster Featuring Mahesh Babu Is Here To Raise Your Anticipation!
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Ather Energy has announced the restart of operations at both Chennai and Bangalore, following the relaxation in regulations across India. The company has announced that they have ensured all possible precautions have been put in place, with safety and social distancing protocols being followed as well.
The startup also confirmed that employees and staff members returning to work will strictly adhere to the guidelines set by the government and concerned authorities. All professionals and staff members will sanitise their workspace and make use of gloves, masks and sanitisers at all times.
Ather has also reopened the experience centres at both cities. These centres will be open only for limited hours and will be operated by limited staff members. This ensures the safety for both the employees and the visiting customers as well.
The company will also resume operations at the R&D facility in Bangalore. Again, only essential staff members will be called to work, while all others will continue to work from home. This will further ensure all social distancing norms are met, ensuring everyone's safety.
Ather Energy also took the opportunity to announce that the company has started deliveries of the 450 electric scooter. However, these deliveries are at a limited capacity in both cities, with plans to scale up operations in a progressive manner.
However, the company did also confirm that deliveries of their flagship electric scooter, the 450X has been delayed. Ather initially had plans to begin deliveries of the 450X sometime in Q3 of this year, however, because of the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown in the country, this has been pushed to Q4 of 2020.
The company also confirmed that they have plans to expand to eight more cities across India this year. This includes Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Pune, Coimbatore, Ahmedabad, Kolkata and Kochi.
Ravneet Phokela, Chief Business Officer, Ather Energy said
"We are slowly opening up our retail stores and offices and are hoping that some semblance of normalcy will be achieved in the coming months. We have a lot of work ahead of us to expand pan-India over the coming months, and thankfully, the lockdown has not affected those timelines dramatically. We are now working on a slightly revised timeline of Q4 of 2020 to begin deliveries of the Ather 450X across India."
Thoughts About Ather Energy Restarting Operations
Ather Energy has become quite a popular premium electric scooter startup in the Indian market. The company has finally restarted production operations, with deliveries of the 450 has begun as well.