- 1 hr ago Hero Reveals New Seat Covers And Helmet For The XPulse 200 BS6
- 2 hrs ago BEST Increases BUS Fleet By 1,000 Units: Daily Earnings Cross The Rs 90 Lakh Mark
- 3 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar 150 BS6 Models Witness Second Price Increase: Details
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Stops Taking Bookings For The Rapid Rider Due To Its High Demand
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 To Undergo Major Format Change; To Be Called Lockdown Edition; Read More Details!
- Technology Realme Might Launch 100W+ Fast-Charging Technology In July
- Sports World Cup winner Jack Charlton dies
- Finance Gland Pharma Files For Rs 1,250 Crore IPO
- News Toddler tests positive for COVID-19
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Lifestyle Different Styles Of Earrings For Long, Medium And Short Hair That Will Guaranteed Steal Attention
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Ather Energy aims to rapidly expand its operations across the country by opening new experience centres. Cities like Hyderabad, Kochi, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, and Coimbatore; among others are on the company's list of phase-wise expansion.
The Bengaluru-based electric two-wheeler manufacturer recently announced its completion of two years since the launch of the Ather 450. In two years, Ather has introduced new scooters in the form of Ather 450X, however, it has also removed Ather 350 from its line-up. The company will expand to eight new cities and launch the Ather 450 Plus within the next six months.
Other future plans from the company include the new 400,000 sq ft manufacturing facility that is currently being set up in Hosur. The facility will be commissioned for operations by the end of this year, which will help the company's phase-wise expansion plans by increasing production capacity.
Tarun Mehta, Co-founder and CEO Ather Energy, said "The lockdown helped us reevaluate and reassess our long term goals. We are going to open as many avenues as possible to promote electric vehicles. From introducing new ownership models and to continue offering the most varied financing options, we will ensure that owning an E2W is a hassle-free proposition for any consumer. Exciting times ahead for Ather and the EV industry."
Ather was the first automobile company in India to improve its products via OTA updates. This includes new ride modes, new features and constantly improving the ride and ownership experience. The Ather 450's Customers have received six Over The Air (OTA) software upgrades, that has improved the scooter since its first launch.
Apart from the OTA updates, the company has added several financial models to offer ease of ownership. It has introduced lease plans without a long term commitment that makes owning electric two-wheelers easier.
Also at the time of Ather 450X launch in January 2020, the company rolled out an innovative battery subscription model. The battery is paid for under a monthly subscription model that makes the initial scooter sticker price lower with the advantage of having a lifelong battery warranty. Additionally, the company is planning to come up with a vehicle exchange program for faster adoption of EVs across the country sometime in the next few months.
The Ather electric scooters sold across the country have collectively clocked over 1.1 crore kilometres since its launch in India. A maximum of 26,000 odd kilometres has been registered by a single Ather electric scooter. The company will be using all these data to improve its products over time.
Thoughts About The Ather Energy Expansion Plans
Ather Energy has certainly come a long way in the span of two years. It has managed to introduce new products and improve the existing ones, which is a win-win situation for its customers. The company is also working on various ways to ease the ownership experience by introducing new financial models as well.