- 6 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 23 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 24 hrs ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 1 day ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- Sports UFC 259 results: Blachowicz, Nunes retain belts; Yan loses title due to DQ
- News PM Modi has time for Kolkata, but not for farmers': Sharad Pawar
- Education UP Police Jail Warder Result 2021 Declared At uppbpb.gov.in
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty All Set To Join BJP During PM Narendra Modi’s Kolkata Rally
- Lifestyle Divyanka Tripathi’s Cool And Stylish Braid Hairstyle Will Spruce Up Your Boring Ponytail
- Technology Reliance Jio And Airtel Set Up 5G Towers In India: Ookla 5G Map
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Ather Energy has ended production of electric scooters at its facility in Bangalore, Karnataka. The company is all set to move its production line to the new manufacturing facility coming up in Hosur, Tamilnadu.
The news has been confirmed by a recent tweet from Tarun Mehta, CEO & Co-Founder, Ather Energy. The tweet said, "The last Ather rolls off from our first plant in Whitefield, Bangalore. It's amazing what the teams pulled off. From struggling to produce 7 vehicles/day to 75/shift! Look forward to our next chapter from Hosur now!"
The company started off manufacturing Ather electric scooter at the manufacturing facility in Bangalore located in Whitefield. Initially, the company managed to produce only seven vehicles a day.
However, with continuous optimization of the manufacturing and assembly process, it is the numbers increased to 75 units per shift. Although this is a substantial increase from the initial numbers, it is not enough to meet the ever-growing demand for Ather electric scooter in the country.
As a result, the company announced that they will move the production to a new larger facility that is being set up in Hosur, Tamilnadu. According to the company's report, the new facility will be spread across 4,00,000 square feet, and is designed to produce 100,000 units annually and is scalable to half a million units.
The company also recently received fresh funding of USD 35 million. The investment round was led by Sachin Bansal and backed by Hero MotoCorp. The funds will be used towards the upcoming rapid expansion of the brand across the country.
Setting up an electric vehicle manufacturing plant in Tamilnadu will be eligible for a host of incentives recently announced by the State Government. This includes 100 per cent exemption of electricity tax, stamp duty exemption on land purchase, electric vehicle tax exemption and more.
The company announced recently that its flagship 450X electric scooter will be available in 27 cities by the quarter 1 of 2021. It will be a part of the brand's phase-2 expansion in the country. The company has fast-forwarded its phase-1 expansion plan as it announced the launch of the Ather 450X in 16 new cities across the country.
The company will enter each city in a staggered manner by Q1 2021. It will begin by setting up test rides to let consumers experience the vehicle. Additionally, Ather has also been talking to prospective retail partners to set up its fast EV charging network, Ather Grid. The company has currently installed over 60 public charging points across 11 different cities.
Thoughts About The Ather Electric Scooter Production Ending At Bangalore Plant
The Ather electric scooter is a premium offering in the segment and has been well received in the country. The company is currently selling the scooter in a couple of cities. However, the demand for electric scooter is increasing across the country. As a result, the company has decided to ramp-up the production and move to a larger manufacturing facility.