- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 10 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Ather Energy has finally started deliveries of its latest 450X Series1 electric scooter. The first few customers of the Series1 Collector's Edition have taken deliveries today, after the payment window for the electric scooters opened up on the 31st of October.
The Ather 450X electric scooter is offered with a price tag of Rs 1.59 lakh, ex-showroom (Bengaluru). The standard version of the scooter is offered in three colour options: Grey, White & Green. However, the Series1 Collectors' Edition will be offered in a more sporty-looking Gloss Black with Red accents.
The gloss-black side panels on the current delivery models will soon be replaced by translucent panels, free of cost to the customer from March 2021. The Black & Red paint scheme is available only on the special Series1 model, offered to only those customers who booked the electric scooter before 28th January 2020.
Apart from the special black and red colour scheme, Ather 450X Series1 electric scooters will also get a subtly updated instrument cluster UI, matching the overall colour scheme. No mechanical changes, however, are made with the Series1 carrying forward the same electric powertrain as the standard 450X.
This powertrain comes in the form of a 6kW electric motor paired with a 2.9kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric powertrain offers a maximum range of 85km on a single charge (true range). The electric scooter is also said to offer a top speed of 80km/h, while sprinting from 0 - 40km/h in just 3.3 seconds — making it the quickest electric scooter in the segment.
The deliveries of the Ather 450X will initially be open in 9 cities across India. The company is expected to expand to more cities in the near future. Ather also recently announced that it received a new investment of $35 million, which should further help it accelerate these plans, while also increasing production capacity at its new plant to meet the growing demands.
Thoughts On The Ather 450X Series1 Deliveries Commence
The Ather 450X Series1 is a special-edition model for customers who booked the 450X, back in January 2020. The Ather 450X in India rivals the likes of the Bajaj Chetak electric and the TVS iQube electric in the premium electric scooter segment.