- 16 hrs ago Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin Models To Launch In India On 5 March: Details And Expected Prices
- 17 hrs ago New (2020) Land Rover Defender Launched In India At Rs 69.99 Lakh: Bookings Now Open
- 18 hrs ago Toyota Vellfire Premium MPV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 79.50 Lakh
- 20 hrs ago Revolt Intellicorp To Expand Presence In India: Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chennai & Mumbai On List
- Finance Rs. 2000 Notes To Gradually Phase Out; ATMs Under Recalibration
- Technology Flipkart Sale And Discount Offers: Top Deals On Best Selling Laptops In India
- Movies Thappad Movie Review: Taapsee Pannu's Film Echoes Loud And Makes A Powerful Statement
- News Justice S Muralidhar transferred from Delhi HC, notifies Centre
- Sports AFC Cup 2020: Bengaluru FC bow out on penalties in playoff round
- Lifestyle 22 Foods Rich In Sodium And Alternative Healthier Options
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Ather Energy has today launched the all-new 450X electric scooter in the Indian market. The new Ather 450X electric scooter comes with a host of new features, added equipment, improved performance, range and charging options.
The Ather 450X will now be available in multiple cities across India. The new electric scooter will come with a starting price of Rs 85,000 in Delhi while in other cities it will be priced slightly higher at Rs 99,000. All prices are ex-showroom.
However, these above-mentioned prices are for a subscription pack, with an additional amount having to be paid by the customer every month. For customers looking for a complete upfront payment of the Ather 450X, the electric scooter will come with a starting price of Rs 1.49 lakh, ex-showroom Bangalore).
The Ather 450X will be offered in a range of 2 variants: Plus and Pro. The Pro variant will come with all the bells and whistles. This includes the improved battery pack, more powerful motor, increased range and top speed. The Ather 450X Plus, however, offers the exact performance figures as the standard 450 electric scooter already on sale.
The new Ather 450X will be powered by a larger electric motor producing 6kW of peak power and 26Nm of torque. The Ather 450X also comes with a higher battery capacity of 2.9kWh offering a true range of 85km on a single charge; 10km more range than on the standard 450.
The new electric scooter now comes with an improved top speed of 80km/h while 0 - 40km/h comes in 3.3 seconds. Ather claims the 450X is now the fastest scooter in the Indian market, irrespective of whether it is an electric scooter or petrol-powered.
The new Ather 450X now comes with a host of features and updates. The digital instrument cluster now comes with open-source Android software, using a snapdragon 212 quad-core processor with 1.3GHz, 1GB RAM and 8GB of storage.
The digital instrument cluster also comes with a 4G e-sim for connectivity features. The instrument cluster also comes with smartphone connectivity including Bluetooth and app-based connection. The dashboard on the Ather 450X also offers over-the-air updates, in-built navigation, live location and vehicles status, theft/tow detection, music and call control; among a host of others.
The new Ather 450X will also be offered in a range of three colour options: Grey, White and Green. All three colour options will be available on both variants. The Ather 450X will also offer different riding modes, including an all-new Warp mode, along with Sport, Ride and Eco carried forward from the standard model.
Apart from the launch of the electric vehicle, Ather also announced the commencement of its new production plant in Hosur, which will allow an increase in production to around 1 lakh unit per year. This will help the company's plans to expand to 10 cities across India this year and further expansion in the coming years as well.
Thoughts On the Ather 450X Launched In India
The Ather 450X is the latest offering from the Bangalore-based electric scooter manufacturer in the Indian market. The Ather 450X improves on the older model, along with offering a host of features and equipment.
Pre-bookings for the Ather 450X has already started a while back, with deliveries expected to start very soon. The Ather 450X takes on rivals such as the TVS iQube and the Bajaj Chetak Electric.