- 16 min ago 2021 Yamaha MT-09 Globally Unveiled: Improved Technology & Design
- 4 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Interiors Revealed While Testing Again Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Ford EcoSport Price Hike Announced In India: Receives Marginal Increase
- 5 hrs ago Demand For Kids Helmet On The Rise In Bangalore: Here’s Why!
- Lifestyle Recipe For Oil-Free Le Garden Protein Power Salad
- Movies Aditya Roy Kapur On Dating Amid Lockdown: The Option Was Never There For Me Because I Was Cut Off
- News Delhi gold smuggling: NIA raids 4 locations in Guwahati, Sangli
- Finance Rupee Closes At 2-Month Low Against The US Dollar
- Sports IPL 2020: Would not be surprised if MS Dhoni is retained as CSK captain in 2021: Gambhir
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Upto 50% Off On Laptops And Desktops
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
- Education TN 11th Supplementary Result 2020: Check TN HSE +1 Plus One Result 2020
Ather Energy — the Bangalore based electric two-wheeler startup, has unveiled their 450X Collector's Edition, called the 'Series1', The Ather 450X Collector's Edition will be limited-run model offered specifically to those customers who pre-booked the electric scooter before its national launch on the 28th of January 2020.
The ‘Series 1' Ather 450X Collector's Edition electric scooter will feature a number of cosmetic changes, which make it extremely unique and help stand out among the rest. The special-edition version of the Ather 450X will come with tinted translucent body panels - a first for Indian roads.
The Collector's Edition will feature translucent side panels, which will offer a sneak peek inside the electric scooter. The tinted panels will give others a glimpse of Ather's distinct cast aluminium chassis and the electric scooter's trellis frame.
To further match the tinted translucent panels, the Ather 450X ‘Series 1' Collector's Edition will be offered in a new ‘High-Gloss Metallic Black' paint scheme, with red accents all around.
These red accents can be seen on the front apron and on the side panels and on the exposed trellis frame under the seat as well. The UI on the touchscreen instrument cluster has also been subtly updated with red to match the overall look of the Collector's Edition design.
Deliveries of the Ather 450X will start from November 2020. However, only those customers who booked the electric scooter before 28th January will be eligible to choose the ‘Series 1' version.
Also, the Collector's Edition will initially ship out with black panels, with the scooter being upgraded with the translucent ones from May 2021. The Ather 450X will be available in 11 cities as part of its Phase 1 of deliveries. This includes Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Coimbatore, Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, Pune, Ahmedabad, Kozhikode & Kolkata.
Apart from the cosmetic changes to the exterior, no other changes have been made. The Ather 450X Collector's Edition continues to offer the same level of performance as the standard version.
Tarun Mehta, CEO & Co-Founder, Ather Energy, stated:
"Like all our scooters, the Series1 is built from scratch and we hope our community loves it as much as we loved building it. Building automotive-grade translucent panels is tricky and I am super excited that Ather is bringing them out for the first time ever with ‘Series1'.The teams have been working on it for months and despite the lockdown have been able to produce something truly fantastic."
The electric scooter comes powered by a 6kW electric motor mated to a 2.9kWh lithium-ion battery. The electric powertrain is said to offer a maximum range of 85km/h, with the option of both standard and fast-charging available.
The Collector's Edition of the Ather 450X also continues to be offered with different riding modes: Eco, Ride, Sport & Warp. The electric scooter reaches a top speed of 80km/h and claims a 0 - 40km/h time of just 3.3 seconds — making it one of the quickest electric scooters in the segment.
Thoughts On The Ather 450X Collector's Edition Electric Scooter Unveil
The Ather 450X Collector's Edition offers a very unique design and style, which makes it an extremely special model. It will be extremely interesting to see the translucent body panels on the 450X once it is out on the streets.