- 18 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Top-Spec DCT Variant Features Leaked: Could It Beat The Tata Altroz?
- 1 day ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Deliveries Begin During Navaratri Across India
- 1 day ago New Royal Enfield Riding Jackets Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4,950
- 1 day ago Andhra Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation Orders 6413 Units Of The Tata Ace Gold
- Finance 5 Ideas To Generate Income Streams In Your Retirement Years
- Sports Sanju Samson reveals reason behind his strange celebration after scoring fifty for Rajasthan Royals
- News Dasara: Mysuru gears up for mini 'jamboo savari' amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Lifestyle List Of Foods And Drinks You Should Avoid During Pregnancy
- Movies Dussehra 2020: TV Celebs Miss The Festive Fervour This Year Due To The Ongoing COVID-19 Crisis
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ CAD Renders Show Rear Camera, Flat Screen And More
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
The Aprilia SXR 160 India launch timeline has been revealed. The company will be launching the SXR 160 maxi scooter sometime in November 2020. Initially, the scooter was scheduled to launch between Agust and September this year.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the launch of the SXR 160 was pushed back in India. The scooter was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo, since then, it has created a buzz in the market. Diego Graffi, Chairman and MD, Piaggio India, confirmed the development during the launch of Vespa Racing Sixties.
Along with the SXR 160, Aprilia also revealed that they will be bringing the SXR 125 in the Indian market. However, the SXR 125 is now scheduled to arrive sometime during early next year.
Both scooters will be similar in design and feature a fresh and modern look. The front of the scooter houses the brand's signature triple headlamp setup with integrated LED DRLs. It also features a massive front apron, large tinted visor, LED tail lights, alloys wheels, a muscular-looking exhaust.
Other features include a fully digital instrument cluster, wide seats for the rider and the pillion, glovebox on either side of the front apron with a USB charger on one side, and large under-seat storage space with illumination; among others.
The powerful Aprilia SXR 160 would feature the 160cc unit borrowed from the Aprilia SR 160 BS6 scooter sold in India. The 160cc single-cylinder fuel-injected unit produces a maximum power of 10.8bhp at 7600rpm and peak torque of 11.6Nm at 6000rpm.
The Aprilia SXR 125 is expected to be powered by the same 125cc unit that is powering the Aprilia SR 125 BS6 scooter from the company's line-up. The 125cc single-cylinder fuel-injected unit produces a maximum power of 9.5bhp at 7250rpm and peak torque of 9.9Nm at 6250rpm.
Apart from that, both scooter will feature telescopic forks at the front and twin-shock absorber setup at the rear. Braking duties are likely to be handled by a disc brake at the front and drum brake at the rear supported by a single-channel ABS.
Thoughts About Aprilia SXR 160 India Launch Timeline Revealed
The pandemic has delayed the launch of several products in the country including the SXR maxi-scooters. Once launched The Aprilia SXR 125 and SXR 160 will primarily rival the Suzuki Burgman in the India market. The upcoming maxi-scooters will offer improved practicality over a conventional scooter. They are expected to be more comfortable than regular scooters as well.