- 19 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Top-Spec DCT Variant Features Leaked: Could It Beat The Tata Altroz?
- 1 day ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Deliveries Begin During Navaratri Across India
- 1 day ago New Royal Enfield Riding Jackets Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4,950
- 1 day ago Andhra Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation Orders 6413 Units Of The Tata Ace Gold
- Finance 5 Ideas To Generate Income Streams In Your Retirement Years
- Sports Sanju Samson reveals reason behind his strange celebration after scoring fifty for Rajasthan Royals
- News Dasara: Mysuru gears up for mini 'jamboo savari' amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Lifestyle List Of Foods And Drinks You Should Avoid During Pregnancy
- Movies Dussehra 2020: TV Celebs Miss The Festive Fervour This Year Due To The Ongoing COVID-19 Crisis
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ CAD Renders Show Rear Camera, Flat Screen And More
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
The Aprilia RS 660 is among the most anticipated middle-weight motorcycle in the world. According to the latest teaser posted by the company, pre-bookings for the upcoming motorcycle will be open in October 2020.
The RS 660 is expected to arrive in the Indian market sometime next year. The upcoming motorcycle has already been listed on the company's website and reveals few details ahead of launch.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Aprilia (@aprilia) on Aug 17, 2020 at 3:30am PDT
The Italian two-wheeler manufacturer was expected to launch the RS 660 in international markets much earlier in the year. However, the timelines were pushed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic as Italy was among the most affected nations at the initial stage.
The Aprilia RS 660 borrows its design inspiration from its bigger sibling, the RSV4. The motorcycle features an aggressive-looking full fairing and aero winglets as seen on the RSV4. The race-spec style winglets will offer enhanced aerodynamic stability at high speeds.
The RS 660 also features the brand's signature three-part LED headlight which consists of LED DRLs on either side. The motorcycle's aggressive looks are further enhanced by the addition of a sculpted fuel tank and sharp creases lines. The RS 660 rear design looks similar to that of the RSV4.
Speaking about the powertrain, the company is yet to reveal complete details. However, the RS 660 will be powered by a 660cc, parallel-twin engine. It will produce around 100 bhp and will come mated to a six-speed gearbox with slip assist clutch. The RS 660 will only weight 165kg dry and is among the lightest bike in the segment.
Aprilia has packed the motorcycle with a host of electronic rider aids. These include wheelie control, cornering ABS, cruise control, five different ride modes, and a bi-directional quick-shifter as well.
It will also feature a 5-inch TFT split-screen layout, which will help control all the electronic aids on the motorcycle. It is also expected to feature a Bluetooth pairing smartphone pairing for connected technology via an application.
The suspension duties on the RS 600 will be handled by a 41mm, USD forks Kayaba unit, and a mono-shock set-up at the rear, both of which are fully adjustable. Braking will be done via dual-disc brakes at the front and a disc-brake at the rear, both sourced from Brembo.
Aprilia will offer the RS 660 in two colour schemes — matte black with red, and purple with red, which is inspired by the RS250 Reggiani Replica motorcycle. The motorcycle is expected to arrive as (CBUs) Completely Built-Up units.
The automaker will make use of the new India import rules, which dictates that companies can import 2,500 vehicles via the CKD and CBU channels per year. It also does not need a separate homologation as long as it meets International Automotive Standards.
Thoughts About The Aprilia RS 660 Bookings Open From October
The Aprilia RS 660 is a highly anticipated middleweight supersport motorcycle in the world. Apart from the looks, electronics and the performance, the highlight of the RS 660 has to be its weight. Once launched, it should ideally rival against the Honda CBR 650R, the Kawasaki Ninja 650, the ZX-6R and the KTM 790 Duke; among others.