- 10 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 14 hrs ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- 14 hrs ago Kia Sonet Spotted For The First Time Post It's World Premiere: Pics & Details
- 15 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol-Powered SUV Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Technology Amazon Freedom Sale 2020: Special Offers Electronic Gadgets
- Sports Champions League: Barcelona 3-1 Napoli 4-2 agg: Messi shines as Blaugrana set up Bayern clash
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Teaser: Salman Khan Is Back With Bigg Boss 2020; Is Seen Farming At Panvel Farmhouse
- News Arjun Meghwal tests positive for coronavirus
- Lifestyle Dia Mirza Or Rakul Preet Singh, Whose Handloom Saree Will You Choose For The Next Formal Event?
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the globe badly. Every business has been put to hold or has completely shut down due to the global crisis. However, things have to keep on moving forwards and as the world continues to adapt to new ways of living, Marc Marquez and Alex Marquez have arrived in Jerez for the start of the MotoGP World Championship.
The race will take place on July 19 and it will be the 245th day since the MotoGP World Championship grid raced at the season-ending Valencia GP due to the global crisis. People are returning their lives back to normal and with it, racing is set to return.
Reigning World Champion Marc Marquez is eager to reunite with his team and get back to riding the Honda RC213V after a blistering end to testing in Qatar. On the other hand, for Alex Marquez, the wait to go racing has become even longer and he has been forced to delay his premier class debut. His first pre-season with the Repsol Honda Team was him post impressive times during the Sepang Test and make constant progress while in Qatar.
Marc Marquez stated, "First I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped and worked hard during these strange times. Now it is our turn to go back to work, to put on a great show and entertain everyone around the world - give them some excitement and rest in these difficult times. Jerez is a circuit I know well and the test on Wednesday will be important because even though we have been able to ride some motocross and keep our fitness, there is nothing like a MotoGP bike. We need to adapt how we work to stay safe and healthy, but I am really excited to see the team again and enjoy riding the Honda."
Alex Marquez stated, "It has been a long wait and there have been some difficult times for everyone, and the most important thing is to extend our thanks to all those who have worked tirelessly to help us return our lives to normal. This is why we will wear the special helmets; it is just a small gesture, but everything helps. Of course, I am very excited to see the team again and finally make my debut in MotoGP, it's something everyone dreams of. It's going to be a different weekend, but I think once we begin working on track our focus will shift and we can progress in a good way. The key thing is to take this weekend slow and remain realistic but of course I am excited, I have dreamed of lining up on the MotoGP grid since I was little."
Thoughts About The 2020 MotoGP World Championship Resuming
As the world is adjusting with the new normal, the upcoming 2020 MotoGP will an exciting thing to look forward to. This should be a very promising season, given the preparations that the teams have gone through during this global pandemic.