- just now Renault Triber MPV Unveiled In India For Global Markets — Premium MPV On A Budget?
- 6 min ago Maruti Launching S-Presso In October 2019 — Fancy A Cup? Or Car?
- 2 hrs ago Toyota To Launch Twelve Products Over The Next Decade — The Invasion Has Begun
- 3 hrs ago Volkswagen India To Launch Four New SUVs: Touareg, Tiguan Allspace, T-Roc & T-Cross
- Technology Asus 6Z Review: Flagship-Grade Performance With Some Hiccups
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day: Best Yoga Poses For Arthritis
- Sports 100-day countdown for Doha World Athletics Championships begins
- News No anti-national activities on campus: Yogi Adityanath to all universities
- Movies Suriya And This Actress Were Forced To Run For Their Lives Due To A Rifle Wielding Woman
- Finance Consumer Electronic Manufacturers Seek GST Cut To 18%
- Education NEST Results 2019 Released: Check The Link And Important Details
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Yamaha has just revealed its all new EC-05 electric scooter, and it features removable batteries — the first for a Yamaha electric scooter. The removable batteries have been designed for easy re-charging, and to swap the drained battery with a fully charged battery. The Yamaha EC-05 is the result of Yamaha's partnership with Gogoro — a Taiwan based electric motorcycle manufacturer.
According to NDTV Auto, The brands formed an alliance last year with the goal of incorporating Gogoro's electric powertrain into a Yamaha electric scooter. The Yamaha EC-05's design has been worked on by Yamaha, but the powertrain and tech are developed by Gogoro.
Yamaha have released a teaser video of the new electric scooter. While we do not have detailedd spces of the scooter, we expect the EC-05 to hold a top speed of about 90kmph, and we expect the travel range to be at about 100 kilometers, with two Gogoro battery packs.
The Yamaha EC-05 will be available only in Taiwan for now. Gogoro already operates over 1,000 battery exchange stations, so Yamaha feel charging and swapping infrastructure is already established. We expect the EC-07 to arrive with two swap-able 2170 Lithium-ion batteries.
A primary battery will stay with the owner and this battery can removed and charged at any place. The secondary battery is meant to be used as a rental, meaning it can be exchanged at recharging stations across the country.
The Yamaha EC-05 is expected to be launched in Taiwan during August 2019. As is, there is no information if this scooter will be seen in international markets. Rumor has it that Gogoro is reportedly exploring possible partnerships, hinting that the EC-07, and other electric scooters from it's fleet may launch in global markets sooner that expected.
There is no evidence to say that India Yamaha has plans of launching any electric scooter in India.
Thoughts About The Removable Battery On The Yamaha EC-05
Removable batteries are definitely a game changer for the electric two wheeler segment. While we have e-Scooter manufactureres like Avan Motors who offer removable batteries, what we lack is the infrastructure that Gogoro has managed to set up. Kudos. Battery Rentals! Now that's an idea.