- 15 hrs ago Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin Models To Launch In India On 5 March: Details And Expected Prices
- 15 hrs ago New (2020) Land Rover Defender Launched In India At Rs 69.99 Lakh: Bookings Now Open
- 17 hrs ago Toyota Vellfire Premium MPV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 79.50 Lakh
- 19 hrs ago Revolt Intellicorp To Expand Presence In India: Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chennai & Mumbai On List
- Technology Flipkart Sale And Discount Offers: Top Deals On Best Selling Laptops In India
- Movies Thappad Movie Review: Taapsee Pannu's Film Echoes Loud And Makes A Powerful Statement
- News Justice S Muralidhar transferred from Delhi HC, notifies Centre
- Sports AFC Cup 2020: Bengaluru FC bow out on penalties in playoff round
- Lifestyle 22 Foods Rich In Sodium And Alternative Healthier Options
- Finance Due To Coronavirus, China Now Has More Billionaires Than US And India Combined
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Japanese two-wheeler giant Yamaha is in the middle of conducting a feasibility study for electric vehicles in the country. According to the Economic Times Auto, the company is planning to launch an electric two-wheeler in India.
The company is studying and researching costs of ownership, the availability of infrastructure, the electric vehicle policy road map, and finances, among other factors that contribute to the electric vehicle Eco-system in India.
Mr Motofumi Shitara, the Chairman at Yamaha Motor India, said, "We have been doing the feasibility study for a while now. The decision to enter the market has not been taken till now."
Yamaha entered that electric two-wheeler space back in 2020 when it launched the Passol in Japan. It's latest electric offering, the EC-05, was launched in Taiwan during August this year. The company conducted a similar study before launching the Electric scooter.
The EC-05 is Yamaha's fifth electric offering, and the company is committed towards its goal of ‘carbon-emission free' vehicles by 2050.
In Yamaha related news, the company just launched the Fascino 125 FI scooter in India at Rs 66,430, ex-showroom. The all-new Fascino 125 is set to replace the current 113 cc scooter. The new Fascino will be available in two variants. To read more, click here.
Yamaha also unveiled the all new Ray ZR 125 and Ray ZR 125 Street Rally scooters that are set to replace the current 113cc Ray ZR scooters. Both the 125cc scooter feature BS-VI complaint engines.
The company claims that the new Ray ZR 125 and ZR 125 Rally Street engines are 16 per cent more fuel efficient, and the scooter features a quiet engine-start system, and a stop/ start system. The Rally Street variant also features a digital instrument cluster. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About Yamaha's Electric Vehicle Feasibility Study In India
That's exactly what a manufacturer should be doing. Study the market first, manufacturer and sell later. Yamaha is a big player in the two-wheeler industry as is, and we're sure they will launch their range of electric vehicles in India only when the country is good and ready. Certainly not before.